Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Commanders waive Will Adams, Brian Johnson

Will Adams experiment was short lived. 

Yeah I think Percy Butler and Derrick Forrest are honestly showing that behind Bobby there are two really solid guys that will push for nickle and reps this year. Maybe it was to give the kid a better chance elsewhere

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I think Percy Butler and Derrick Forrest are honestly showing that behind Bobby there are two really solid guys that will push for nickle and reps this year. Maybe it was to give the kid a better chance elsewhere

Possibly. They said St Juste is balling out. 

• Like 1

If Curtis Samuels can gain some of his old self?

Plus have Scary Terry in the lineup?

Plus the chemistry of Wentz building with Jahan Dotson?

Plus the talent & growth of Dyami Brown?

That is gonna be scary for Defenses, no matter how you look at it.

Then thrown in a healthy Logan Thomas & high upside of Cole Taylor?

We might be able to average 30 burgers against our opponents...

My only real question at the moment?

Is our Defense really as good as it looks on paper? Can they become a Playoff/Superbowl type Defense?

Or are we gonna be asking ourselves again this next off season? What is wrong with these guys?

I have zero doubt that we will put up points! Lots of points!

I just don't know if we can stop anybody...I want to see it. I need to see it! I hope they can & believe they can!

We will see soon...

23 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Curtis Samuels can gain some of his old self?

Plus have Scary Terry in the lineup?

Plus the chemistry of Wentz building with Jahan Dotson?

Plus the talent & growth of Dyami Brown?

That is gonna be scary for Defenses, no matter how you look at it.

Then thrown in a healthy Logan Thomas & high upside of Cole Taylor?

We might be able to average 30 burgers against our opponents...

My only real question at the moment?

Is our Defense really as good as it looks on paper? Can they become a Playoff/Superbowl type Defense?

Or are we gonna be asking ourselves again this next off season? What is wrong with these guys?

I have zero doubt that we will put up points! Lots of points!

I just don't know if we can stop anybody...I want to see it. I need to see it! I hope they can & believe they can!

We will see soon...

If the offense is as good as it looks like it MIGHT be. Other teams will be playing catch up for a change ! Might make the defense an entirely different animal. 

Just to play devil’s advocate, we have a lot of reason for excitement at the skill positions and Wentz should be better than anyone we’ve had since Cousins (and before him, rookie RGIII or even Brad Johnson). All of that is great. 

But while I have a lot of faith in John Matsko as an OL coach, on recent history at least, the unit of Leno | Norwell | Roullier | Turner | Cosmi is not exactly a world-beating group on paper. And that’s if they stay intact and fully healthy, which Roullier is not currently, though you do have to like the duo of Lucas and Schweitzer as your swing guys/top reserves, so that makes you feel a bit better about the depth.

But Carson Wentz is a guy who needs to feel secure behind his OL. He needs time and space to throw down the field, and he really benefits from having a solid run game. Is that the OL to provide all that? Boy I hope so, I’ll say that — it would be fun to watch the offense moving up and down the field again.