Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You shouldn’t guess on his injury and if it’s a lingering issue, you’re not a doctor.

He should’ve had surgery, he didn’t now he’s recovered and healthy. Will he remain healthy? Who knows? On any day at anytime anyone can get injured or die.

You don’t sit an entire season because of a nagging hamstring. That appears to be tightening on him again. 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s a bit of a deceiving post. He played in 16 games & started 15 games in 2019. In 2020 he played in 15 games. A lot of players miss games here & there. For two straight seasons Curtis Samuel nearly played in 32 games straight.

If he had just torn an ACL/or another ligament or broke a bone last year & missed the whole season everyone would be looking forward to his return & expecting big things.  But since his injury was a muscle injury people are questioning if he can play.

Please help me understand this?

It’s not deceiving. It’s literally a fact. Nothing I said is deceiving. But I also watched you do this same thing with Paul Richardson until they finally decided to cut him. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, come on man. You keep asking for reasonings and I’m giving you one. My guess is if Samuel has a lingering hamstring injury throughout this season he’s gone going into next. He should’ve had surgery. 

And if that's the case I will agree, but before today all was going well. Why wouldn't they make him have surgery if that's whats needed to not have him be in the same position as he was in last year. To me it seemed he came back too fast last season not this off-season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don’t sit an entire season because of a nagging hamstring. That appears to be tightening on him again. 

And if he needs surgery he should've had it already. So it wouldn't be a problem this year. If so this is a wasted signing plain and simple. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It wasn’t nagging, it was a serious injury. He obviously tore his groin. I blame Rivera & him hiring a pill popping/drug dealing head trainer for the team mismanaging Curtis Samuels’s injury. 

He should’ve had surgery as you said, it’s not his fault he didn’t. That’s on the doctors/trainers.

If it’s tightening again, then they need to rest him now bc September - January is much more important than June.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It wasn’t nagging, it was a serious injury. He obviously tore his groin. I blame Rivera & him hiring a pill popping/drug dealing head trainer for the team mismanaging Curtis Samuels’s injury. 

He should’ve had surgery as you said, it’s not his fault he didn’t. That’s on the doctors/trainers.

If it’s tightening again, then they need to rest him now bc September - January is much more important than June.

He did have surgery. Core muscle-last June .

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

One quibble here (well, two).

1) I believe he did have surgery

2) Even if he didn't, the doctors/trainers cannot force him to get surgery. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

One quibble here (well, two).

1) I believe he did have surgery

2) Even if he didn't, the doctors/trainers cannot force him to get surgery. 

AGAIN, he had core muscle surgery last June- per reports . 

• Like 1

I sure hope he is healthy and turns into the great contributor we all hope hi will be, but Curtis Samuel should not get the benefit of the doubt at this point.  The signing is an absolute bust at this point and he has to prove that fact wrong and that starts with consistency in participating in offseason work.  There is no other way to look at this.

The good news is we have a lot of players who can take his spot.  

• Like 1