2022 Around league

dll2000

31 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Not sure if this belongs here but have the Jets gotten kind of good or are the Packers really that bad?

Packers offense stinks this year.   They didn't invest in offense and let two of their best players go.   The Aaron Rodgers can carry any talent plan didn't really pan out.

I watched the game.  Quinnen Williams for Jets was playing in beast mode as well.   Packers had no answer for him.

Jets couldn't do anything offensively for a long time even still.   Packers D is pretty good, though fans hate it.   They wore out in 2nd half.

Breece Hall for Jets is a stud too.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Packers offense stinks this year.   They didn't invest in offense and let two of their best players go.   The Aaron Rodgers can carry any talent plan didn't really pan out.

I watched the game.  Quinnen Williams for Jets was playing in beast mode as well.   Packers had no answer for him.

Jets couldn't do anything offensively for a long time even still.   Packers D is pretty good, though fans hate it.   They wore out in 2nd half.

Breece Hall for Jets is a stud too.

I can also tell you Packer's benefited from 4 obvious no calls in first half.  On two of them the refs actually threw the flag and then picked it up.

The no call on the late hit out of bounds was egregious. 

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

There's something wrong with it because guys who suck for their first 2 years and turn into a player *this* good rarely happens, if ever. At this rate Allen is going to be in Canton & Fields will be out of the league by 2027.

Whoever is saying that Fields will be on Allen's level is definitely high on something. Though it's not impossible it's highly unlikely because you're right he is one of a kind 

That's not the point I was trying to make however 

The way I see it is people are saying Fields can still be an above average to really good starting QB in this league and are using Allen's situation to show that it's not exactly fair to judge a QB this early into their career (16 games started) because developing a QB isn't an exact science nor does it always follow a prototypical script of how it should go 

So by that token, no I don't think it's crazy to compare situations between Fields and Allen when saying it's far too early to write a young QB off this early into his career

I truly believe Fields has the right mentality in addition to his unique athletic gifts, to turn this around. He's been written off and has proven people wrong before 

People just need to be fricken patient lol. This team is far from being a contender so we just gotta live with the growing pains right now 

Perhaps he doesn't end up being the guy and working out but I would definitely not give up on him this early

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Whoever is saying that Fields will be on Allen's level is definitely high on something. Though it's not impossible it's highly unlikely because you're right he is one of a kind 

That's not the point I was trying to make however 

The way I see it is people are saying Fields can still be an above average to really good starting QB in this league and are using Allen's situation to show that it's not exactly fair to judge a QB this early into their career (16 games started) because developing a QB isn't an exact science nor does it always follow a prototypical script of how it should go 

So by that token, no I don't think it's crazy to compare situations between Fields and Allen when saying it's far too early to write a young QB off this early into his career

I truly believe Fields has the right mentality in addition to his unique athletic gifts, to turn this around. He's been written off and has proven people wrong before 

People just need to be fricken patient lol. This team is far from being a contender so we just gotta live with the growing pains right now 

Perhaps he doesn't end up being the guy and working out but I would definitely not give up on him this early

It is unlikely.

But what is also unlikely is Buffalo added a lot of high end talent surrounding Allen which makes a difference.

He has good WRs, good RBs, a good Oline, and a good defense.

Allen is legit great, but team matters more in football than any other sport.

Even Jordan would look bad on a bad team and that is just 5 guys and they play offense and defense.

Rodgers doesn't all of a sudden suck this year after being an MVP last two seasons.   He now has a bad offense around him.

Brady didn't suck his last years in NE as he demonstrated in Tampa, they had bad teams around him.  

Fields is trying to learn to play NFL ball while he has a bad oline and bad WRs.   That is hard.  

Most of those guys don't get the good team around them or are too damaged by the time they do

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It is unlikely.

But what is also unlikely is Buffalo added a lot of high end talent surrounding Allen which makes a difference.

He has good WRs, good RBs, a good Oline, and a good defense.

Allen is legit great, but team matters more in football than any other sport.

Even Jordan would look bad on a bad team and that is just 5 guys and they play offense and defense.

Rodgers doesn't all of a sudden suck this year after being an MVP last two seasons.   He now has a bad offense around him.

Brady didn't suck his last years in NE as he demonstrated in Tampa, they had bad teams around him.  

Fields is trying to learn to play NFL ball while he has a bad oline and bad WRs.   That is hard.  

Most of those guys don't get the good team around them or are too damaged by the time they do

Agreed but Allen didn't have much better than what Fields has around him right now until around year 3

Buffalo did a good job of adding around him as more time went on

I get a lot of people don't like what Poles has done so far but we need to give him a chance to see his plan through

I'm sure he's not oblivious to what is happening or what it takes for a QB to be successful in this league coming from the Chiefs organization 

Edited by topwop1

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears should have taken Robbie Anderson for free.

I know he is not great, but at least he is an actual NFL WR and not the gym teachers that we have playing.

Dude is a nightmare off the field though...not the culture we are clearly trying to build.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Dude is a nightmare off the field though...not the culture we are clearly trying to build.

I am concerned with on the field where Fields is living a nightmare.

We need to break glass in case of emergency and try and help the poor guy out.

Missing on all the primary moves we made on offense has left us desperate.

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I know he is not great, but at least he is an actual NFL WR and not the gym teachers that we have playing.

I really wanted to be a gym teacher.  It’s a good life as far as I can tell.  

There was no offense in Broncos / Chargers game.  Broncos taking all heat because they ended up losing.   But Chargers sucked too.  

Lots of games like that this season.  Defenses seem to have offenses figured out this year.   People need to get outside the box.  

Also Oline needs more practice time.   Seen more blown protections than I can ever remember across league.  

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I will continue to say this, as I did with Amari Cooper, these guys have to want to come here too