Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Also @TheKillerNacho let’s see what this kid has and then I’ll be done for the week.

James Cook (BUF) to RB1 
Isaiah Spiller (LAC) to RB2
Rachaad White (TB) to PS

Thank you. 

Again Honest question you have a very decent sim RB but are benching him or playing him at FB?

Miles Sanders [3 GS]: 33 carries for 155 yards (4.70 YPC, 52 LNG), 2 touchdowns. 7 receptions for 89 yards (12.71 YPR, 18 LNG), 1 touchdown.

I could see finding a correct RB2 but you are only losing games by 1 TD or less. 

Those rookies probably won't produce anything for 3-4 NSFL seasons. They have less than the min amount of data to go off of.

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Again Honest question you have a very decent sim RB but are benching him or playing him at FB?

Miles Sanders [3 GS]: 33 carries for 155 yards (4.70 YPC, 52 LNG), 2 touchdowns. 7 receptions for 89 yards (12.71 YPR, 18 LNG), 1 touchdown.

I could see finding a correct RB2 but you are only losing games by 1 TD or less. 

Those rookies probably won't produce anything for 3-4 NSFL seasons. They have less than the min amount of data to go off of.

From my perspective: if he doesn't think he'll be competitive this year (and the core of his team is young, so I can see that), keeping as many RBs at 1 tag seems like a better option than just starting the regular amount and losing them all (or paying 3 tags to keep them).

If one of those rookies blows up, someone would likely be interested in giving something, and entering next year with Sanders and Harris as 1 tag keepers is huge.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

From my perspective: if he doesn't think he'll be competitive this year (and the core of his team is young, so I can see that), keeping as many RBs at 1 tag seems like a better option than just starting the regular amount and losing them all (or paying 3 tags to keep them).

If one of those rookies blows up, someone would likely be interested in giving something, and entering next year with Sanders and Harris as 1 tag keepers is huge.

If they play in any games you can only keep 2 rookies total for 1 tag each. That limit also includes Non Rookies that play less than 7 games. There is a limit. So a maximum of 2 players (Rookie or otherwise) that played less than 7 games. The only way to get players on the PS for 1 tag is to not play them at all.

So playing every rookie at RB is shooting yourself in the foot on that front.

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

If they play in any games you can only keep 2 rookies total for 1 tag each. That limit also includes Non Rookies that play less than 7 games. There is a limit. So a maximum of 2 players (Rookie or otherwise) that played less than 7 games. The only way to get players on the PS for 1 tag is to not play them at all.

So playing every rookie at RB is shooting yourself in the foot on that front.

The part in bold is not true. The rule:

"Only up to two PS or rookie keepers can be players who played in a game the previous NSFL season. Other PS or rookie players who played a game in the previous season will be charged by their positional price, at the position they spent the most time in during the season."

If those players play more games at FB than at RB, according to the rule, they'll be kept at the FB price, which is 1 tag. If that's what he's doing, it's pretty damn smart.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The part in bold is not true. The rule:

"Only up to two PS or rookie keepers can be players who played in a game the previous NSFL season. Other PS or rookie players who played a game in the previous season will be charged by their positional price, at the position they spent the most time in during the season."

If those players play more games at FB than at RB, according to the rule, they'll be kept at the FB price, which is 1 tag.

Fair enough. I just, you know, try and get a good FB and use them so that my RB will actually produce more yards per attempt..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Fair enough. I just, you know, try and get a good FB and use them so that my RB will actually produce more yards per attempt..

Sound logic if you're trying to win. When you're 1-5 and throwing in the towel, not so much. 

Some people may not like the whole tanking thing, but Scoundrel is setting him up the best he can to win in the future. To me, I'd rather see that than see an inactive owner do nothing and be stuck in no man's land. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You never trade assets away for future draft capital if you don't think you'll be competitive that year?

I don't know why someone wouldn't do that. It's good business.

Just now, swoosh said:

Sound logic if you're trying to win. When you're 1-5 and throwing in the towel, not so much. 

Some people may not like the whole tanking thing, but Scoundrel is setting him up the best he can to win in the future. To me, I'd rather see that than see an inactive owner do nothing and be stuck in no man's land. 

This right here.

15 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Thank you. I am very active. I’m experimenting. Trying things out. I still adjust my sliders each week. I care. Maybe one game doesn’t determine this or that but I am having fun with it and being more active. By the time the season is over Najee, Sanders, and Cook will all cost 1 tag to keep as @TL-TwoWinsAway was saying as they will all spend more games at FB than RB (I have it all charted out, and will do the same thing with Jaylon and Surtain and Hamilton in a safety rotation so all will be 2 tag cost, Hamilton will be 1 though as a rookie tag) and I can decide based on the NFL season how I want to address that position. I feel my core is still young and a bit away from getting me over the hump. I’m excited for the future of my team though and I appreciate all the work Nacho puts in to this league. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You never trade assets away for future draft capital if you don't think you'll be competitive that year?

I don't know why someone wouldn't do that. It's good business.

I had to look back and the last time I traded away a player and gained future draft capitol was S17 (my first year) when I traded DeSean Jackson to Rio for a future 5th the next year. I also didn't draft half that team that year as I took over mid draft so had no attachment to most of the players.

My only other player I traded for a draft pick was S19 and it was before the draft that year Phillip Lindsey for pick 3.20 because I didn't have enough keepers.

I am more of the trade away draft picks for assets type of person. The draft is nice but once you get certain positions filled a warm body will do in a lot of spots and you can get those in later rounds.

Edited by SirA1

30 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I had to look back and the last time I traded away a player and gained future draft capitol was S17 (my first year) when I traded DeSean Jackson to Rio for a future 5th the next year. I also didn't draft half that team that year as I took over mid draft so had no attachment to most of the players.

My only other player I traded for a draft pick was S19 and it was before the draft that year Phillip Lindsey for pick 3.20 because I didn't have enough keepers.

I am more of the trade away draft picks for assets type of person. The draft is nice but once you get certain positions filled a warm body will do in a lot of spots and you can get those in later rounds.

Which could absolutely be the right approach, depending on your roster.

In S22, Scoundrel did something that I've been considering since I entered the league: he took a top rookie QB to build around. What he did next was exactly what he should've done, in my opinion: he took a ton of other stud rookies. He knew the team wouldn't dominate right away, so he has a core that should grow together, emerging (at some point) into a dominant set of keepers.

His strategy right now is right along those lines: he has two young, promising RBs in Sanders and Harris as 1 tag keepers that could both become top RBs after a strong 2022 NFL season, and has a bunch of the other rookie RBs. If one of those pans out, he's sitting on a valuable trade asset. That's a smart approach.

Entering S25, Scoundrel could be looking at the following:

Trevor Lawrence - 1 (PS)
Najee Harris - 1 (FB)
Miles Sanders - 1 (FB)
James Cook - 1 (FB)
Justin Jefferson - 3
Treylon Burks - 1 (PS)
La'el Collins - 2 (OG)
Nick Bosa - 3
Travon Walker - 1 (R/PS7)
Eric Stokes - 1 (PS)
Kyle Hamilton - 1 (R/PS7)
Patrick Surtain - 2 (S)
Jaylon Johnson - 2
------------------------
20 Tags

(He also has an extra S25 1st, 3rd, 8th and 10th, and is only down a S25 4th.)

It's just an example, but look at that list. If you were building for the future, and the Lawrence pick was exactly that, having a roster filled to the brim with young talent would be the goal. I'd say he has reached that goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

@Karnage84 You need to set your keepers in the Phreak dynasty league! The deadline is tomorrow 7/15 @ 7:00am

Thank You!

I take this as your official application to take over Rammy’s team for when he gets his inevitable permanent ban 

• Like 1