Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

Correct!

Ah, yeah. I was sick of losing. I was 3-13 the year before and Fitz was very much still a sim monster, posting the following numbers the two years prior:

S13: 89 receptions for 1,283 yards (14.42 YPR, 71 LNG), 9 touchdowns, 2 drops

S12: Larry Fitzgerald [16 GS]: 101 receptions for 1,431 yards (14.17 YPR, 80 LNG), 11 touchdowns, 2 drops

In his first year with us, we went 10-6 (not sure how far we got?) and he posted this as WR2:

Larry Fitzgerald [16 GS]: 81 receptions for 1,057 yards (13.05 YPR, 31 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 1 drop, 1 fumble

I went back to sucking the following years, but Fitz was still productive for us. Obviously would like to have that one back, but there were also no guarantees Garrett was going to be as good as he has been. 

4 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Ah, yeah. I was sick of losing. I was 3-13 the year before and Fitz was very much still a sim monster, posting the following numbers the two years prior:

S13: 89 receptions for 1,283 yards (14.42 YPR, 71 LNG), 9 touchdowns, 2 drops

S12: Larry Fitzgerald [16 GS]: 101 receptions for 1,431 yards (14.17 YPR, 80 LNG), 11 touchdowns, 2 drops

In his first year with us, we went 10-6 (not sure how far we got?) and he posted this as WR2:

Larry Fitzgerald [16 GS]: 81 receptions for 1,057 yards (13.05 YPR, 31 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 1 drop, 1 fumble

I went back to sucking the following years, but Fitz was still productive for us. Obviously would like to have that one back, but there were also no guarantees Garrett was going to be as good as he has been. 

It’s always hard to say with rookies, but given the prospect that Garrett was.. was a huge oof. Even with those numbers fitz put up, dude was clearly in his last legs irl

Just now, Scalamania said:

If anyone is looking to move an upcoming pick let me know. I will overpay.

The thirst is real 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Glem: People are dumb for taking rookies

also Glem: It was dumb to not take rookie Myles Garrett

Never once said it was dumb to take a rookie

In fact I encourage it!*

Edited by Glen

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

Last sentence is key. There are only a handful of those players each year that warrant a first round pick IMO. Stud DE's have been pretty safe because they can usually make an immediate impact in the NFL, but CB's on the other hand are a bit more of a gamble. 

Positions certainly make a difference, so that's a good point. I went back and looked at Okudah's NSFL rookie year:

Jeff Okudah [16 GS]: 71 tackles (2 stuffs), 51 coverages, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble.

It seems that Xavien Howard from S23 was a good comparison:

Xavien Howard [16 GS]: 73 tackles (2 stuffs), 51 coverages, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, 1 touchdown.

Pretty good company (and production), to be fair. If Pete is convinced that Sauce will be a stud CB in real life, and he can perform at a similar level while still costing only 1 tag for two seasons, I'd say that's a worthwhile pick.

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Positions certainly make a difference, so that's a good point. I went back and looked at Okudah's NSFL rookie year:

Jeff Okudah [16 GS]: 71 tackles (2 stuffs), 51 coverages, 1 sack, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble.

It seems that Xavien Howard from S23 was a good comparison:

Xavien Howard [16 GS]: 73 tackles (2 stuffs), 51 coverages, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery, 1 touchdown.

Pretty good company (and production), to be fair. If Pete is convinced that Sauce will be a stud CB in real life, and he can perform at a similar level while still costing only 1 tag for two seasons, I'd say that's a worthwhile pick.

Petey out there praying Saurce isn't the next Okudah. 

• Like 2