Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Real question:

How do you guys view/value players in this league?

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

- Expectations for upcoming NFL season?

When I see a few comments - it seems like a mixed bag. Some guys get pumped because of what they might be (which shouldn't have an impact on this season of NSFL play); some guys get slagged despite producing in NSFL; some guys have done nothing in the NFL as of late but still perform in NSFL. 

Is it an even or odd season?

Is my foundation set or do I need keepers?

In an even season, where my foundation is set, I care more about NSFL performance than anything. I probably judge players in an even season 70/30. 70% how they play in the sim, 30% their consensus IRL evaluation. In an odd season that’s closer to 50/50.

Expectations for a player are always in back of my mind but only really factor in significantly when I know I need new keepers.

59 minutes ago, swoosh said:

2.13 New Zealand - Jalen Hurts - Obviously banking on Hurts having a big year and developing into a keeper, but this still seems awfully early for Hurts. I’m not even sure what type of season Hurts would have to have in 2021 to be worth 4 keeper tags. Now obviously Hurts could be kept for 1 tag if he doesn’t play, but that’s only going to last 1 season. Seems like a pick you make a lot later in the draft.

Yeah, yeah I get it. I knew this would be widely viewed as bad value. I wanted to wait until my 3rd but I got itchy someone else was going to grab him and I had the extra 2nd, so I went for it.

I just think Hurts has a chance to blow up next year and if that happens, no way anyone who had him was letting him hit the draft again. I may keep both Carr and Hurts for a couple seasons if I need to, with tag value being really low, I think I can pick up that extra tag each season pretty easily.

Basically Carr is an upgrade over Tannehill but I'm trying to land a high end starter at QB, not going to do that without taking some risks. If he falls flat on his face, I wasted a 2nd round pick I'd likely use on a non keeper anyway. 

Most of my tags are pretty well accounted for with young good players for the foreseeable future. Trying to hit a homerun at QB and I think I'm ready to compete long term

Carr- 4

Waddle- 7

Smith- 10

Chase Young- 13

Burns- 16

Ward- 19

Sauce Gardner- 20

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah, yeah I get it. I knew this would be widely viewed as bad value. I wanted to wait until my 3rd but I got itchy someone else was going to grab him and I had the extra 2nd, so I went for it.

I just think Hurts has a chance to blow up next year and if that happens, no way anyone who had him was letting him hit the draft again. I may keep both Carr and Hurts for a couple seasons if I need to, with tag value being really low, I think I can pick up that extra tag each season pretty easily.

Basically Carr is an upgrade over Tannehill but I'm trying to land a high end starter at QB, not going to do that without taking some risks. If he falls flat on his face, I wasted a 2nd round pick I'd likely use on a non keeper anyway. 

Most of my tags are pretty well accounted for with young good players for the foreseeable future. Trying to hit a homerun at QB and I think I'm ready to compete long term

Carr- 4

Waddle- 7

Smith- 10

Chase Young- 13

Burns- 16

Ward- 19

Sauce Gardner- 20

Carr:

poo GIF

• Like 2