The Mandalorian - Season 3 - March 1st

Deadpulse

Fun episode, but was a poor finale for a poor season.

Everything was very straight forward, no surprises.

The Armorer wasn’t some secret villain. Bo didn’t ride the mythosaur. No Thrawn. There wasn’t any real excitement. Very disappointed.

Bringing back Grogu was a mistake. Din didn’t really do much.

26 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Fun episode, but was a poor finale for a poor season.

Everything was very straight forward, no surprises.

The Armorer wasn’t some secret villain. Bo didn’t ride the mythosaur. No Thrawn. There wasn’t any real excitement. Very disappointed.

Bringing back Grogu was a mistake. Din didn’t really do much.

Grogu is a really uninteresting character. He's cute, but he's just there in the background half the time. 

There was nothing amazing or spectacular about this season. I love Giancarlo Esposito but he's got nothing to work with with his character. Gideon is so uninspiring as a villain. 

So many things in this episode had me scratching my head too. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Grogu is a really uninteresting character. He's cute, but he's just there in the background half the time. 

Hard to make a character interesting when they can’t talk. Grogu’s journey is what makes him intriguing and we saw one scene of his past and he didnt grow at all in the present.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Hard to make a character interesting when they can’t talk. Grogu’s journey is what makes him intriguing and we saw one scene of his past and he didnt grow at all in the present.

There are a lot of ways you can make a character who doesn't speak interesting. They just couldn't pull it off. 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, Acgott said:

Technically it should have been Palpatine’s when he defeated Maul on Mandalore, but he never took it. It was given back to Maul later on. If we follow the Palpatine ladder, Luke Skywalker is its current owner as of the Mandalorian show. It’s just a myth for the residents of mandalore.

I havent read the rest of this thread as im only on episode 3 but doesnt the dark saber technically belong to Ahsoka? She defeated Maul on Mandalore but maybe that was after Palps? I dont really remember. Maybe it doesnt belong to her because Maul didnt use the Dark Saber during the fight? I dont remember the time line well enough to remember.

8 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I havent read the rest of this thread as im only on episode 3 but doesnt the dark saber technically belong to Ahsoka? She defeated Maul on Mandalore but maybe that was after Palps? I dont really remember. Maybe it doesnt belong to her because Maul didnt use the Dark Saber during the fight? I dont remember the time line well enough to remember.

Palpatine vs Maul came before Maul vs Ahsoka. It doesn’t matter anyway, it’s a myth.

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Feels like the entire season was just to get Mandalorians back on Mandalore.  Other than that, not much is different than where the season began.

Feels like a bookmark for Mandalore to be picked up later on. Like clearly Grogu has and is set up to become The Mandalore.

Think the movie will be the end of Mando’s story and this time period. And then we’ll see a jump for Grogu and Mandalore.

11 hours ago, adamq said:

I loved every minute of the finale. Felt like the 3rd act of a big SW movie. Taking out the clones was a boss move, and Gideon's reaction was great

Season 4, Mando and Grogu bounty huntin' adventures.. Can't wait!

"How dare you destroy my evil unstoppable clone force before they had a chance to kill you "

• Like 1

So they spent like 2 full episodes on Coruscant just for that entire story line to go literally nowhere and not even get 1 second of screen time in the finale....?????

That's my biggest gripe about this entire season. They could've not shown that entire arc and nothing would've been lost in this season. Oh well, I was happy with the finale overall. The Mandalorians are back on Mandalore and rebuilding - Din and Grogu can rest and now we have the foundation for Ahsoka with Thrawn and the Rebels characters having been teased in this season.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So they spent like 2 full episodes on Coruscant just for that entire story line to go literally nowhere and not even get 1 second of screen time in the finale....?????

That's my biggest gripe about this entire season. They could've not shown that entire arc and nothing would've been lost in this season. Oh well, I was happy with the finale overall. The Mandalorians are back on Mandalore and rebuilding - Din and Grogu can rest and now we have the foundation for Ahsoka with Thrawn and the Rebels characters having been teased in this season.

Even just teasing Thrawn in that meeting Gideon had with the other Imperials, something as simple as him coming in last second and approving Gideon's plan, would have been a much better tease other than saying "Oh, word is Thrawn is back, been like 10 years, but here he is."

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Even just teasing Thrawn in that meeting Gideon had with the other Imperials, something as simple as him coming in last second and approving Gideon's plan, would have been a much better tease other than saying "Oh, word is Thrawn is back, been like 10 years, but here he is."

Putting a face to the name would have been great. Not everyone watches the animated stuff, myself included.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Putting a face to the name would have been great. Not everyone watches the animated stuff, myself included.

At least with Thrawn and the Rebels characters they briefly mentioned/showed, you can say "oh they're just prepping that for Ahsoka", but not really with the whole Coruscant folks. Those people had nothing to do with any part of the story in here or Ashoka, so I'm just THOROUGHLY confused why they even bothered with those episodes.