Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

On 8/26/2022 at 8:19 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I think a lot of people thik he is good. He is not. He could not not even crack the starting lineup with the sorry team last year. He is a WR4 at best on any team in the league. You watch in 2 years he will move to TE and try to extend his career. 

I'm not even arguing whether he is good.

If the Jets didn't believe in him, which whether justified or not, they clearly don't, they should have moved him at least year's deadline when teams were calling and making offers. They could have let another young wr get that development time and got a mid to late round pick. Instead, seemingly out of spite or concern that he would breakout elsewhere they just keep burying him. If he sucks as much as they think he does, why else wouldn't they have traded him anywhere for something.

22 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Calvin Jackson will be our Slot of the future

Idk about that, the guy is already like 25. Berrios is only 1 yr older.  

I really love this WR trio for the Jets though. Corey Davis has been looking really good lately, some of the grabs hes making in practice are nice. I think he will have a better year now, last season he was looked as WR1, but he is more made for WR2 or 3.  Elijah Moore is WR1, he is like an Antonio Brown type WR. 

Garrett Wilson looks like such a stud on the field as well, which isn't surprising because he put up some really impressive film in college. I felt like when people said it was a weak WR draft that was wrong, cause his film was really good. He has some freakish qualities with his athleticism, then seeing that he is another grinder and hard worker that just seals the deal. 

I'm ready to see these guys in real games.  Wish the Jets and Giants would get rid of the stupid turf and go with grass, both teams suffer a lot of injuries and it's ridiculous that even with all the studies out how turf increases risk of injuries, they still want to go with turf. Plus, grass looks better on my TV lol, something about seeing football players with grass stains on their uniforms just makes it feel more right. 

8 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Mims' 2021 highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU4ez3GNjDg

Berrios' 2021 highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh073JGTWu4

a different world i rest my case GIF

I’m still not understanding your point. I’m not saying Berrios doesn’t deserve to be on the team. I said they found a way to utilize his strengths as a player but refuse to do the same with Mims. They aren’t gonna line Berrios up at X and tell him beat the press and run a flag route.