Teams you used to hate

biggie.

Every team that’s ever been good.

I despised the Manning Broncos. Those pick plays made me want to break furniture.

The McNabb era Eagles because he was a lazy slob and the media kept trying to put him at #3 because they felt sorry for him because he got bood at the draft and Rush Limbaugh said some things about him. We’re talking about a guy who admitted he didn’t want to run because he didn’t want to be a stereotype, didn’t know games could end in a tie, and threw up on the field more than once. Complete bum.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

The Saints because of the 09 playoffs, but that's since gone away. 

I also really disliked the Eagles after the Bradford trade, but that wasn't really their fault. They just took advantage of an opportunity. Of course, in 2016, they handed the vikes their first loss, spiraling them out of control, took the #1 seed from us in 2017, beat us in the playoffs and then won the Superbowl in the Vikings house, and then in 2018 took the last playoff spot over us.

But, that wasn't their fault. They just took advantage of the situation they were in. Dallas did it to us in the 90s and I don't hate them either (wasn't a fan of football until 2004 anyways).

On 6/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I despised the Manning Broncos. Those pick plays made me want to break furniture.

The McNabb era Eagles because he was a lazy slob and the media kept trying to put him at #3 because they felt sorry for him because he got bood at the draft and Rush Limbaugh said some things about him. We’re talking about a guy who admitted he didn’t want to run because he didn’t want to be a stereotype, didn’t know games could end in a tie, and threw up on the field more than once. Complete bum.

Don't forget how passive aggressive McNabb was as well. Never liked him either.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

The "things" Rush Limbaugh said about him like how he's overrated due to the color of his skin?

The stereotypes working against black QBs were still really intense in the early 2000s and I can't blame McNabb for wanting to be perceived as QB as opposed to an athlete. How many times did he and his peers hear about how they couldn't be QBs because they weren't smart enough, they couldn't lead a franchise, they were unprofessional, they were gimmicks who couldn't throw from the pocket, they were only in the league because of political correctness...

He also did not throw up on the field. Myth.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The "things" Rush Limbaugh said about him like how he's overrated due to the color of his skin?

The stereotypes working against black QBs were still really intense in the early 2000s and I can't blame McNabb for wanting to be perceived as QB as opposed to an athlete. How many times did he and his peers hear about how they couldn't be QBs because they weren't smart enough, they couldn't lead a franchise, they were unprofessional, they were gimmicks who couldn't throw from the pocket, they were only in the league because of political correctness...

He also did not throw up on the field. Myth.

1. Limbaugh's comments are taken out of context. He's saying McNabb was being hyped up because he was black. He would have been seen as a JAG if he were white. Plus McNabb got worse each year after his SB appearance.

And Limbaugh was right. McNabb wasn't a leader; he was a passive aggressive schmuck thatbalways melted down in crunch time. I was more afraid of Jake Delhomme thsn him.

2. There's video evidence of him puking in a game.

Edited by biggie.

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

1. Limbaugh's comments are taken out of context. He's saying McNabb was being hyped up because he was black. He would have been seen as a JAG if he were white. Plus McNabb got worse each year after his SB appearance.

And Limbaugh was right. McNabb wasn't a leader; he was a passive aggressive schmuck thatbalways melted down in crunch time. I was more afraid of Jake Delhomme thsn him.

2. There's video evidence of him puking in a game.

I will admit to being wrong on the vomit thing, although it's the accusation that he vomited in the Super Bowl because he was hungover that is untrue.

Your contention that the Limbaugh comments were taken out of context is weak. "He's not overrated because he's black! He's just overHYPED and the view of his play would have been lower had he been white" Cmon man that's just a synonym. For all of my life that I've been hearing about Rush being taken out of context and this is one of the weakest attempts I've heard yet.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Used to hate; Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Bills,  Dolphins, Seahawks, Rams, Panthers

Now; None. I don't know why, but just do not hate teams anymore. Age?

Rivalry's between NFL teams don't really exist anymore either.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Used to hate; Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Bills,  Dolphins, Seahawks, Rams, Panthers

Now; None. I don't know why, but just do not hate teams anymore. Age?

Used to hate the Pats as well from about 2008-2018ish

Was probably all the high leverage games we played against each other in the Harbaugh/Flacco Brady/Belichick era