The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I haven’t been thrilled with Jalen this year. Maybe that’s the OC, maybe that’s his injury, maybe that’s regression but I don’t know how you can comparatively ask for anything more. 

Only thing really to be upset about are the TO's. Some absolutely his fault several more just plain out and out unlucky. 

Maybe we've been spoiled with Aaron Rodgers limited TO type numbers from Hurts? So when he has 11/12 in 9 games, we ***** and complain. 

Ironic thing is most would argue I'd rather have Josh Allen , a player who averages almost a TO a gm over his entire career and already has one more TO then Jalen this year. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

OMG, relax.

Perfection is the enemy of excellence.

So, he's not perfect.

The issue is red zone play calling and turnovers. A lot of jalens picks were flukey. And he's been making better throws as well. BJ is definitely improving his RZ play calling but still makes really questionable decisions at various times.

My biggest gripe with Jalen by far is his awareness sometimes feels off in relation to where the game currently sits. Now idk if it's more him or BJ that is to blame, but the 50 yard bombs when you need 3 or 4 yards on 3rd down need to stop. I'm only cool with that if the game is basically in hand. Especially when 3rd and 3 or 4, is actually 3rd and 2 or 3 considering we have an unstoppable play in the tush push to gain 1-2 yards. That play against Dallas on 3rd and 3 still has me livid. That's the best you got? Have to be better there.

49 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

My biggest gripe with Jalen by far is his awareness sometimes feels off in relation to where the game currently sits. Now idk if it's more him or BJ that is to blame, but the 50 yard bombs when you need 3 or 4 yards on 3rd down need to stop. I'm only cool with that if the game is basically in hand. Especially when 3rd and 3 or 4, is actually 3rd and 2 or 3 considering we have an unstoppable play in the tush push to gain 1-2 yards. That play against Dallas on 3rd and 3 still has me livid. That's the best you got? Have to be better there.

You're not wrong, but I feel like BJ exacerbates that problem a lot. The system is new and Jalen seems to be catching on. But there's many instances I've seen with zero check down options. Its happening less often thankfully.

43 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think we could all find things if we need to but 30-6 in the last 36 games, 2 playoff appearances, 1 SB appearance, only 25 years old. How can anyone not be absolutely thrilled or at the very least, content on the overall product. 

My biggest complaint is taking/making the easy play.  He makes phenomenal plays, but the easy play is there to many times and he does not make it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I think we could all find things if we need to but 30-6 in the last 36 games, 2 playoff appearances, 1 SB appearance, only 25 years old. How can anyone not be absolutely thrilled or at the very least, content on the overall product. 

I'm very pleased but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not criticism of him in any way other than the ones already mentioned. But, I'm very careful on crowning someone after one good season, he is heading to a second one and I hope he doesn't get himself injured as it is the custom with Eagles QBs.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I hope he doesn't get himself injured as it is the custom with Eagles QBs.

Already is, like his shoulder last year he's just not missed games yet this season. 🤞

It's just the Eagles Way!

As much as we joke Eli Manning it is the 1 thing I always appreciated about his game and was envious of as a Eagles fan.

A QB who never missed games. Good Eli, Bad Eli you never knew but having that constant presence at the most important position in sports can't be understated enough.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Already is, like his shoulder last year he's just not missed games yet this season. 🤞

It's just the Eagles Way!

As much as we joke Eli Manning it is the 1 thing I always appreciated about his game and was envious of as a Eagles fan.

A QB who never missed games. Good Eli, Bad Eli you never knew but having that constant presence at the most important position in sports can't be understated enough.

Yeah, he has never played a full season and as someone said in here last year "you are not an Eagles QB if you don't miss an important stretch due to injury". But we've been fooled into thinking we have the next franchise QB a lot of times since McNabb left, so I hope this time it's for real. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

My biggest complaint is taking/making the easy play.  He makes phenomenal plays, but the easy play is there to many times and he does not make it.  

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm very pleased but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not criticism of him in any way other than the ones already mentioned. But, I'm very careful on crowning someone after one good season, he is heading to a second one and I hope he doesn't get himself injured as it is the custom with Eagles QBs.

I don’t disagree. I just know juggernaut teams are few and far between. I know that’s not us. But I also know winning by little margins is still winning. And when it all boils down, that’s what matters. Of course we can discuss the minutia of the games and maybe what’s concerning to each individual palate. But  what team or coach or GM is performing better than us the last few years? And even if there’s one or two teams that have a better result, we are arguing over a 5% difference. And it’s nice to assume a team can just turn it up and get over the hump, it’s also extremely hard and rare to win at this level consistently. I think we have to hold this at exactly what it is; fairly unprecedented in this team’s history. It’s a bit of a small sample size but that’s the way the league is set up. If you don’t have a legendary QB/Coach combo, you have to take your successes in waves. And this is a pretty good one currently. We’ll see if it holds. 

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t disagree. I just know juggernaut teams are few and far between. I know that’s not us. But I also know winning by little margins is still winning. And when it all boils down, that’s what matters. Of course we can discuss the minutia of the games and maybe what’s concerning to each individual palate. But  what team or coach or GM is performing better than us the last few years? And even if there’s one or two teams that have a better result, we are arguing over a 5% difference. And it’s nice to assume a team can just turn it up and get over the hump, it’s also extremely hard and rare to win at this level consistently. I think we have to hold this at exactly what it is; fairly unprecedented in this team’s history. It’s a bit of a small sample size but that’s the way the league is set up. If you don’t have a legendary QB/Coach combo, you have to take your successes in waves. And this is a pretty good one currently. We’ll see if it holds. 

8-1 starts, individual numbers and individual awards are meaningless without a Lombardi at the end.

I think some fans are to wrapped up in these silly player X is the first to do this in NFL history stuff.

In 5 years, the only thing that people will remember about the 2022 season is that the Chiefs were champions.  No one will be saying but, but, but Hurts would have been MVP if he didn't get hurt.