NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

16 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

They could be going for a full, long term rebuild I guess. Would be a huge get for the Hawks, running mate for Trae with a big boost to backcourt defense. 

I'm not sure if Pop wants to commit to a full rebuild.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

How much longer is he still the coach though? Possibly setting up for who’s ever stepping into that role soon.

Trading away their best player who's on one of the best contracts in the NBA doesn't see smart in the short term or long term unless they're really going to embrace the tank this season.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trading away their best player who's on one of the best contracts in the NBA doesn't see smart in the short term or long term unless they're really going to embrace the tank this season.

I agree, he’s young enough to be apart of the rebuild. But if they get three 1sts and Collins, move Poetl for something future oriented and some of those wings who need to be resigned soon they could quickly start looking like the Thunder.

8 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

How much longer is he still the coach though? Possibly setting up for who’s ever stepping into that role soon.

I’ve actually thought for a few years now that Pops ultimate goal at this point is to set the franchise up with a many future assets as possible and once the time was right hand the team over the Becky Hammon. Seems like the coach in waiting and Pop doesn’t want the 1st female coach to come in and bomb

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

If the Blazers can get OG tonight to go along with Grant? Now we're talking! Simons/Lillard will be a dangerous scoring duo but they badly need(ed) perimeter athleticism and length. This will make them much better, as long as Lillard gets back to full health. 

Getting someone like Batum would also be a nice addition. 

So now that I’ve started the recovery stage of the Grant return I’m trying to think of best ways this could legitimately all play out. Ayton seems to be the presumed goal but if Weaver is actually playing chess and this was a 1 step ahead move the plan could be to take on a bad contract or 2 even.  Would the Hornets give us 13&15 to take Hayward off there hands so they can keep Bridges?  

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

13 and 15? No. Maybe 15. 

Maybe but good luck moving that contract to anyone else.  15 alone probably isn’t enough to take back that contract unless Weaver Is all in on Ivey and has something worked out to move up to 4 with it

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Blazers can get OG tonight to go along with Grant? Now we're talking! Simons/Lillard will be a dangerous scoring duo but they badly need(ed) perimeter athleticism and length. This will make them much better, as long as Lillard gets back to full health. 

Getting someone like Batum would also be a nice addition. 

I mean if they want to do all that and be a first round exit.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

I mean if they want to do all that and be a first round exit.

Depends how they fill out the rest of the roster. But they will not be an easy out with Grant/OG on the wings. They will give them the length they have been badly missing. Again though, Lillard looked bad in the Olympics and didn't look any better during the season so that needs to change first. He will have had plenty of time to get healthy and get back to the killer he was before the injury. 

The West doesn't really have juggernauts where you can count Portland out from winning a series or two. 

• Like 1