NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Clutch Points: The Spurs & Hawks continue to have discussions regarding a larger deal centered around Dejounte Murray and John Collins 

I'd assume that the conversations have been more so Atlanta calling on Murray rather than the Spurs being interested in Collins.

19 hours ago, catcheryea said:

the second year of hayward's deal is a little scary but i'm still not totally against taking it on for charlotte's 1st next year

Are we at the point with Hayward that it would take a pick to get off his deal? I’m not sure I’d do that yet if I was Charlotte. Hes still contributing. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Are we at the point with Hayward that it would take a pick to get off his deal? I’m not sure I’d do that yet if I was Charlotte. Hes still contributing. 

I agree.  The Hornets have some young talent and if healthy, he is helpful.  Not worth the money but also not Kemba Walker.  Honestly if the Pistons offer Miles and the Hornets match it, I would be willing to take on his contract for the next two years.  Would be valuable as an expiring next year and there really aren't that many big name free agents next year we would have a shot at assuming Zion/Morant/Barrett/Garland sign extensions. Or at least with Zion they may not extend him and then just match a max when he is an RFA.  Porzingas could opt out next year but not sure he is the right fit for us personality wise or worth the money he will get.  I'd rather have Heyward and then use his deal in a trade for something more long term if needed.  

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

they don't have to move him but if charlotte ends up paying bridges a max they'll be within $5 million of the tax threshold which mj has never paid. if they want to free up cap space most likely hayward or rozier get traded and rozier has 2 more years on his contract and hayward has missed almost half their games since signing

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So apparently the Nets gave Kyrie permission to seek a trade, the Lakers are interested, but the Nets aren't interested in any package the Lakers can offer.

Couldn’t Kyrie always just decline his option? Wouldn’t that leave the Nets with no say in what he does whatsoever? That would be a very Kyrie thing to do

Edited by Fureys49ers

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he declines his option the most that he can receive from the teams that he wants to go too is 1 yr/$6M. (Taxpayer MLE)

Haha wouldn’t that be a middle finger to Brooklyn. I mean Kyrie’s had it up for a while now but that would put some emphasis on it. 

Apparently the Mavericks are prepared to give Jalen Brunson a huge deal as well. The Knicks giving up two lottery picks to shed $8M in salary to pursue Brunson and then missing out on him would be about the most Knicks thing I can ever think of. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Haha wouldn’t that be a middle finger to Brooklyn. I mean Kyrie’s had it up for a while now but that would put some emphasis on it. 

The situation is just kind of weird because he has to decide if he's going to opt in by Wednesday. If he opts in it leaves the window for a potential trade open because teams like the Lakers/Clippers can still acquire him despite being over the luxury tax. If he opts out he can't be S&T to either LA team because they'd go over the hard cap so the only way that he could end up with the Lakers would be if he signed the tax payer MLE but in doing so I think he'd also give up his bird rights so he'd be ineligible for a max next offseason.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently the Mavericks are prepared to give Jalen Brunson a huge deal as well. The Knicks giving up two lottery picks to shed $8M in salary to pursue Brunson and then missing out on him would be about the most Knicks thing I can ever think of. 

Totally worth the risk, you add Jalen Brunson to that roster and watch out.