Eagles get a new Wordmark

Kiltman

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Gotcha. Just really no flavor or distinction to it.

Yeah comparatively it definitely lost its soul a bit. As far as a modern wordmark tho it has at least some and fits in well with what came before. Was weird to see for sure, we’ve had the last one for so long.

If they are indeed gearing up for a total new uniform system reflecting this change

2024 makes sense with supply chain stuff. Give the Kelly Green ones their due next year and focus on that. Then refresh the other 3 into an overall more cohesive look the following year.

my guess would be…

For sure new font for the names and numbers. Potentially light tweak to the eagle head to fit better. Dropping charcoal with the Home and away update. And just a guess, change the black uniforms to use the brighter “Kelly” shade. To really marry it back into the brand more. Like below

96kP7Tu.jpg

Have a feeling it’ll be like the chargers a couple years ago but more options with the helmets. Even more if the league let’s them keep and use 3 like they want. Could see them use stuff like the black helmet with the white top and a version of the black pants as a rare combo. Really depends on how lax the league is.

Screen_Shot_2020_04_21_at_1.31.04_PM.0.p

Eagles 2023/2024? New uniform set

Helmet: Midnight Green, Kelly Green, Black

Jersey: MG, White, KG, Bk

Pants: Wt, MG, Retro Silver, Bk, Bk2

Socks: Bk, Retro,  All Bk / Bk with retro bands

Shoes: Black/MG, Wt/KG, Black/KG

QBe5MI7.png
dKJ75Cp.png
40E5XBy.jpg
96kP7Tu.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Don't mind it for the Kelly's. The normal jerseys need that extra pow 

That's the problem is the Midnight Green doesn't really pop.

Plus, the jerseys and helmets don't exactly match-up that great either.

I wish we would make a move back to the Kelly Green as the regular jerseys with the Midnight Green as an alternate.

We won a Super Bowl in the Midnight Greens, so not sure if that will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

zbuj5Ge.png

pR3pCWh.png

Good Reddit thread and subsequent comment about the new wordmark.

Could a full Kelly Green rebranding in the next 2-3 years be around the corner?

Never have to sus out a graphic designer, they’ll always tell you first lol. 

Saw that thread and yeah kinda goes with what we’ve talked about in here. At first I thought they’d leave the eagles head logo alone, but the more I look at the two together — yeah they probably will tweak it a bit to fit.

Im still doubtful they go full Kelly, but hey maybe if it pops next year they would (though that would mean a longer wait)

Looking ahead

2022 - New Wordmark, Alt Black helmet introduced. 

2023 - Kelly Green retro uniforms re-introduced. It gets to shine on its own that year as the “new” thing. Potentially introduce the logo update sometime during the season. If it’s just a tweak it won’t be a big deal to just introduce it, could just elect to do it super bowl week. They’d want to get it out there sooner because otherwise it will leak. Depending on the league ruling Black helmet stays or goes.*

2024 - New Midnight Green, White and Black uniforms introduced to finish out the new branding package.

*Not sure if I discussed it here but there was developments with how the alt helmet can be used. Apparently team might be able to use it with other uni combos outside    Just the alts. So theoretically we could see a black helmet / white jersey/ black pant combo this year. As far as the ruling goes we know teams can have one additional helmet, but league hasn’t ok’d two extra helmets. So the black helmets could be a one year think or part of the three they have going forward in 2023.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Never have to sus out a graphic designer, they’ll always tell you first lol. 

Saw that thread and yeah kinda goes with what we’ve talked about in here. At first I thought they’d leave the eagles head logo alone, but the more I look at the two together — yeah they probably will tweak it a bit to fit.

Im still doubtful they go full Kelly, but hey maybe if it pops next year they would (though that would mean a longer wait)

Looking ahead

2022 - New Wordmark, Alt Black helmet introduced. 

2023 - Kelly Green retro uniforms re-introduced. It gets to shine on its own that year as the “new” thing. Potentially introduce the logo update sometime during the season. If it’s just a tweak it won’t be a big deal to just introduce it, could just elect to do it super bowl week. They’d want to get it out there sooner because otherwise it will leak. Depending on the league ruling Black helmet stays or goes.*

2024 - New Midnight Green, White and Black uniforms introduced to finish out the new branding package.

*Not sure if I discussed it here but there was developments with how the alt helmet can be used. Apparently team might be able to use it with other uni combos outside    Just the alts. So theoretically we could see a black helmet / white jersey/ black pant combo this year. As far as the ruling goes we know teams can have one additional helmet, but league hasn’t ok’d two extra helmets. So the black helmets could be a one year think or part of the three they have going forward in 2023.

Good breakdown of what the timeline could look like.

I wonder what the hysteria would be like if they changed the logo even if its not a completely new one considering the uproar over the wordmark... lol.

That's a good point about the helmets.

Hope Lurie is able to convince the league to allow three different helmets.

I'd like to keep the black helmets if possible, but I figure they have to go if we can't get them to change the rule and are bringing back the Kelly Green.

Would suck for them to just be a one year thing.

Good breakdown of what the timeline could look like.

I wonder what the hysteria would be like if they changed the logo even if its not a completely new one considering the uproar over the wordmark... lol.

People always hate change ha. If they are doing it I think it’ll still be the head, just a little different like a lot of teams have done.

Panthers and Jags come to mind of what a slightly bigger change could look like. Both were also 90s edgier looks. I think the Eagle had far more dynamism than those two had. but they both were flat and the new look added way more dimension.
6XatbAJ.jpg
NsUIrkD.jpg

Could get an overhaul more or less in the same silhouette like Seattle, Detroit and Arizona. (These kinda show the small and large changes that could mean)

TR8wjIW.jpg
oxIOJNL.jpg
9Eah2Zf.jpg

Or what I think is likely, they go the Vikings route and you barely can tell the upgrade without someone pointing it out. This lets the current logo not seem so out of place. The only thing is this doesn’t address the issue with this is the logo currently not fitting as well with the new Wordmark.

bpDOtJS.jpg

That's a good point about the helmets.

Hope Lurie is able to convince the league to allow three different helmets.

I'd like to keep the black helmets if possible, but I figure they have to go if we can't get them to change the rule and are bringing back the Kelly Green.

Would suck for them to just be a one year thing.

Yeah that’s what I was referencing, have to feel like adding the black this year was a play to push for it on top of just getting to do it. Easier to say “we want to keep this” instead of “we’d like to add this”.

I wonder if they will do anything funky with the wings in the black helmet. This year or next year (if they do indeed make that look Black, White and Kelly then)

I suppose the wings will probably get updated too given how closely designed they were to the 90s look.

riddell-philadelphia-eagles-revolution-s

Id assume we are at least getting the silver ones on the Kelly.

095855976396.png

• Like 1