WK 11: Titans (6-3) at Steelers (7-2) TNF!

titansNvolsR#1

I'm heading into this game with real low expectations. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised, but keeping it within one score would be encouraging. My main source of optimism is that TNF usually means an ugly football game, and we've gotten pretty darn good at winning ugly games.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm heading into this game with real low expectations. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised, but keeping it within one score would be encouraging. My main source of optimism is that TNF usually means an ugly football game, and we've gotten pretty darn good at winning ugly games.

I think it’s going to be close. The 2 injuries the Steelers got on Sun gave me some hope because come on who’s Sensabaugh really shutting down? His best chance is covering Matthews and hoping he continues to drop the ball. 

The part of this game that makes me say Pit squeaks it out is us actually getting Ben down or him making these crazy plays where he breaks tackles and makes insane throws down field. I really wish someone other than Byard steps up the one guy we use to have that consistently picked off Ben was JMac so it would be very nice if Adoree steps up and takes that role ? also that sky cam thing is going to show us great views of how close we were to getting to Ben and him pulling bull crap out his behind to make enough plays to win.

Everytime I wish for this next wish we never get it but if the Titans could ever get an Adoree Jackson kick return in this game on either return it would be huge 

19 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Again I don’t have the Titans winning Thur but I will say that the Titans need to find a way this year to beat a good team. Granted we havnt had many opportunities but at the time Raiders and Texans were good and we couldn’t pull it out so the rest of the way we have Pit LAR and Jax so the Titans have to be able to beat 2 of them. I would rather beat Pit for the obvious playoff impact but would love love love to beat the Steelers on Prime Time

We beat JVille and Seattle, both of whom are 'good teams'

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

This is where I am at. I've tried to get myself more optimistic for the game but just can't do it and even with the Thursday night sloppy games, I am expecting us to be the sloppy ones and Pittsburgh to be sound.

I'm not optimistic about pulling this one out, but if we did, it'd be one of the most satisfying wins for me for a multitude of reasons.

-Games where we are underdogs and win are always great (like the KC win last year)

-Winning in primetime is a nice bonus

-It'd be that legitimate win against a good team on the road, that so many think we need

-I feel we'd all but guarantee a playoff spot with a win

-We'd be in a position to not only make the playoffs, but also play ourselves into a first round bye

-I know way too many Steelers fans, so it'd make a win that much sweeter.

So yeah....a win would be a pretty big deal.

What year was it when Pittsburgh was sort of struggling and then they played the Titans and went on a huge run after defeating them? Hopefully we aren't another tune up and this doesnt become the same scenario.

Edit: 2011, Pitt started 2-2 and then when they played us dropped 37 and went on to win 7 of their next 8.

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What year was it when Pittsburgh was sort of struggling and then they played the Titans and went on a huge run after defeating them? Hopefully we aren't another tune up and this doesnt become the same scenario.

Edit: 2011, Pitt started 2-2 and then when they played us dropped 37 and went on to win 7 of their next 8.

I mean Pittsburgh is 7-2 right now and actually owns the #1 seed in the AFC. If that's "kinda struggling", I hope we start kinda struggling.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean Pittsburgh is 7-2 right now and actually owns the #1 seed in the AFC. If that's "kinda struggling", I hope we start kinda struggling.

If you've watched their past 2 games the offense has not been playing very well. You would think they would come out after their bye and dismantle the Colts being "7-2 right now" and "the #1 seed in the AFC." Their record would dictate that they aren't struggling but watching their last 2 games tells a different story. The defense has been carrying the load but now with 2 starters likely out tomorrow night I would think the offense needs to pick up the slack, thus putting the Titans in position to possibly be, "another tune up."

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

If you've watched their past 2 games the offense has not been playing very well. You would think they would come out after their bye and dismantle the Colts being "7-2 right now" and "the #1 seed in the AFC." Their record would dictate that they aren't struggling but watching their last 2 games tells a different story. The defense has been carrying the load but now with 2 starters likely out tomorrow night I would think the offense needs to pick up the slack, thus putting the Titans in position to possibly be, "another tune up."

Never in their tenure under Mike Tomlin have they "handled" bad teams like they're supposed to. That's one thing the Tomlin Steelers are known for, playing to their competition. He has some abysmal record vs teams with a worse than like .250 winning % if I recall right. It's just what they do.

Archived