Something you disagree with your fan base on

Hunter2_1

Is there something or a number of things that's generally accepted or agreed upon by your team's fan base that you can not get on board with? 

For me;

- It seems most Pats fans I come across were very critical of Josh McDaniels. He seemed to get a lot of blame, and was a scapegoat a number of times. I always had him as a top 5 offensive coordinator. Certain things annoyed me, like being too conservative on 3rd and longs, but I always thought he was a genius with getting people open

- Jakobi Meyers. Has a cult-like reputation amongst a lot of fans, regarded as roughly a good enough number 2 or 3 for us by most. I think he's barely a 4th option.

not saying I'm right, just opinion

You?

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

I think that my fan base greatly underestimates how long it takes for a young player to pan out. I think they also underestimate the importance of young players staying healthy. 

Let’s look at the Saints last two 1st round, Cesar Ruiz and Peyton Turner. Fringe 1st round prospects.

Ruiz has looked small, overpowered, and simply not good the past two season. People make excuses about him transitioning from center to guard. I don’t believe that everything will magically click this year. Bad players don’t become good players. Bad players can become serviceable players…but that’s about as much as I’m willing to hope for. You don’t need years to figure out whether a player has it. 

Turner has looked solid in his appearances, but he essentially missed all of last year because of injury, and he’s still injured. Rookies missing their entire season because of injury is ominous in my opinion. Very few end up living up to expectations. Part of it is physical but a much bigger factor is psych. You also see players that are hurt as rookies tend to continue to have injury issues. I’m not saying that I’m ready to call Turner a bust…but my expectations are very guarded right now. 

I don't know many people who are Bills fans that agree with me on this take but I genuinely don't think Sean McDermott is a great coach. I think he is decent/good, but I think he lucked out on how good Josh Allen has been. 

McDermott plays way too conservative and sometimes I feel like I'm watching a game circa 2001 with his conservativeness... and don't get me started on 13 seconds. 

• Like 2

It used to be hatred of AR.

Now it’s hatred of Howie.

He’s not perfect but his results are in that top 10 range as a GM. What he did in 2017 was incredible. Almost every TD they scored in that SB run was from a UFA player ( all but Ertz’s SB winner maybe?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

I don't know many people who are Bills fans that agree with me on this take but I genuinely don't think Sean McDermott is a great coach. I think he is decent/good, but I think he lucked out on how good Josh Allen has been. 

McDermott plays way too conservative and sometimes I feel like I'm watching a game circa 2001 with his conservativeness... and don't get me started on 13 seconds. 

That's a good one. I think most people have McDermott pretty high but you make good points

• Like 1

I've been screaming to the high heavens for the Packers to invest in MLB for years. But 90% of our forum keeps reciting its not a premium position no need to spend premium picks on the position. Then DeAndre Campbell has a career year out of nowhere and now every one is happy we took a ILB in the first... I tried to tell em lol.

2 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

McDermott has made the postseason 4 out of 5 season with the Bills. Josh Allen has been the reason the last two times but he took a bad team in 2017 and 2019 to the postseason because of his coaching and his defense. The one time he didn't make the postseason the QBs were Nate Peterman and rookie Josh Allen. The starting WRs were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Even with a bad team they were still competitive in games that year. 

Also, the too conservative stuff. In 2021, McDermott went for it 22 times (personal high) and in the playoff loss against the Chiefs went for it 4! times and converted all 4. I agree he started out conservative but he's adjusting and growing as a coach IMO. That's up from 10 times in 2020. 

As for the 13 seconds stuff.. the Bills still haven't leaked what happened but if you read between the lines from pressers and what players have said, it seems as though the ST coach relayed the incorrect information to Tyler Bass. Keep in mind that ST coach is no longer with the Bills. 

My take : I don't want to re-sign and tie up $20 million to Tremaine Edmunds after this year. He's made pro bowls and puts up stats but too many times overcommits and that's why even though our defense was solid last season, got gashed from the ground game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

McDermott has made the postseason 4 out of 5 season with the Bills. Josh Allen has been the reason the last two times but he took a bad team in 2017 and 2019 to the postseason because of his coaching and his defense. The one time he didn't make the postseason the QBs were Nate Peterman and rookie Josh Allen. The starting WRs were Kelvin Benjamin and Zay Jones. Even with a bad team they were still competitive in games that year. 

Also, the too conservative stuff. In 2021, McDermott went for it 22 times (personal high) and in the playoff loss against the Chiefs went for it 4! times and converted all 4. I agree he started out conservative but he's adjusting and growing as a coach IMO. That's up from 10 times in 2020. 

As for the 13 seconds stuff.. the Bills still haven't leaked what happened but if you read between the lines from pressers and what players have said, it seems as though the ST coach relayed the incorrect information to Tyler Bass. Keep in mind that ST coach is no longer with the Bills. 

My take : I don't want to re-sign and tie up $20 million to Tremaine Edmunds after this year. He's made pro bowls and puts up stats but too many times overcommits and that's why even though our defense was solid last season, got gashed from the ground game. 

My man, that's the point of this topic 

James Franco Flirt GIF

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's this? Most Titans fans are riding him on social media or something?

Certainly seems that way. I don’t know about most, but a lot are, and seemingly most of the rest are not on his side.

I ain’t mad at him, and I think that I’m in the minority there.