Something you disagree with your fan base on

Hunter2_1

57 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL and if he were ever let go by the Steelers he would have 15 offers within an hour.  Our postseason shortcomings have been more of a health/Ben/Front Office issue.

Probably more if you count college. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Steve McNair was not an elite QB.

I’ll say that he was a big game performer, a guy who wouldn’t miss a game with any sort of injury, a throwback QB who wouldn’t back down…

…but I agree, he wasn’t elite.

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’ll say that he was a big game performer, a guy who wouldn’t miss a game with any sort of injury, a throwback QB who wouldn’t back down…

…but I agree, he wasn’t elite.

I mean he won MVP. But that says more about the state of early 00’s QB than him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah, and his ‘03 season was an outlier when measured against his entire career - he never really had a decent season with less than 10 INTs and the 24 TD passes that year was a career high for him.

If we’re being honest with ourselves, Peyton Manning should have won it outright that year (as opposed to Co-MVP designation). If we’re being COMPLETELY honest with ourselves, Jamal Lewis (2066/14) Priest Holmes (2110 TYFS/27 TDs) has much better claims to MVP in 2003.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

A fluke based on his toughness, which is something no one can argue.  He would miss practice all week then play well on Sundays (still missed 2 games), and his toughness story line helped propel him to more votes.

He had 1 great season.  He never had even a 2:1 TD:INT ratio in any other season.  He was a solid starter with 1 outlier of a season.

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 4:55 PM, ET80 said:

A lot of people are selling high on the potential of Davis Mills. I see mid-tier starter at his absolute peak, a poor mans’ Kirk Cousins if EVERYTHING goes right, most likely a competent backup/journeyman QB who wins a few games in relief of a starter.

There are people who think the Texans should pass on one of the elite QBs in the next draft because Mills is an emerging franchise QB. When pressed for why, the focus is on QB rating, situation with the team, poor rookies elsewhere (he’s better than Trevor Lawrence who went #1!) and that final few starts at the end of the season.

I’ll be absolutely stunned if I’m wrong on this one.

Two games in... and I'm not stunned.

Davis Mills is nothing more than Tom Savage, Brian Hoyer, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Mallett - another faceless Texans QB that's in way over his head at the pro level. He's incapable of doing anything against an NFL defense, he’s short arming passes and missing open receivers. He’s going to lead the Texans to a top 5 pick at bare minimum (that tie might push it to 6-8)

I expect Kyle Allen to get in a few starts this season - Allen and Mills will no doubt compete to take starter snaps next training camp to see who gets the nod while a rookie is slowly brought along.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Two games in... and I'm not stunned.

Davis Mills is nothing more than Tom Savage, Brian Hoyer, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Mallett - another faceless Texans QB that's in way over his head at the pro level. He's incapable of doing anything against an NFL defense, he’s short arming passes and missing open receivers. He’s going to lead the Texans to a top 5 pick at bare minimum (that tie might push it to 6-8)

I expect Kyle Allen to get in a few starts this season - Allen and Mills will no doubt compete to take starter snaps next training camp to see who gets the nod while a rookie is slowly brought along.

Eh, I think he's better than a lot of those guys you list. He's in the territory of a guy that could definitely be a backup floating around for the next 8 years.

Definitely not starter material, though.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh, I think he's better than a lot of those guys you list.

As somebody who has watched each of these guys on the list start multiple games for the Texans - I can say he's in the same ballpark.

Mills gets rattled easily, stares down a primary option, can't feel pressure coming from the edges, has sloppy footwork at the top of his drop, misses open WRs... I'm basically describing Savage at this point (at least Savage had an absolute bazooka - Mills passes tend to gently float in the air for a few yards before thudding to the ground).

Perhaps he can stick around and eek out a living as a Case Keenum or Chase Daniels, but that has to do with his ability study and work in the film study parts of the gig. Maybe he does that part well? Because everything else is unremarkable at absolute best.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As somebody who has watched each of these guys on the list start multiple games for the Texans - I can say he's in the same ballpark.

Mills gets rattled easily, stares down a primary option, can't feel pressure coming from the edges, has sloppy footwork at the top of his drop, misses open WRs... I'm basically describing Savage at this point (at least Savage had an absolute bazooka - Mills passes tend to gently float in the air for a few yards before thudding to the ground).

Perhaps he can stick around and eek out a living as a Case Keenum or Chase Daniels, but that has to do with his ability study and work in the film study parts of the gig. Maybe he does that part well? Because everything else is unremarkable at absolute best.

Having watched a good bit of Texans football since I moved here...this is a spot on assessment of Mills.

• Like 1

Dan Marino is not in the discussion for GOAT QB. He peaked early and was a good to very good QB the rest of his career. Also no he would not throw for 6k yards and 60 TDs. Defenses were built to stop the run back in his day. In todays time they are built to stop the pass and are far more complex than in the 80's and 90's. Marino was not very good at reading defenses. He would get his numbers but he would not approach 6k yards. 

More of a casual low-informed thing but no, the NFL does not have it out for the Raiders specifically when it comes to flags/calls. I'll agree at one point that might have been the case, but since I started watching regularly in 2006 the horrendous calls apply to every team and we've even been on the benefitting end at times.