UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

Just now, WindyCity said:

Even at that you are saving 1.5 million over Sitton.

I am not sure they will shift the line for that amount.

My guess is we will see another mid round pick and maybe an experience back up added on the interior.

I think at this stage you would be getting a better player.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

The player doesn’t have to be better than Sitton - just comparable. If I can get rid of Sitton and sign, say, Ryan Jensen at the same price but 6 years younger and the impact on the field is a push then that’s a WIN in FA. 

I don't disagree. 

I just think they will be focusing on other areas when it comes time to spend.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He was saying that there won't be teams that race out and have to have someone.

Shannahan got 6/36 out of the 49ers which is unheard of for a first time coach.

Yes and this is because they were desperate after failing to land McDaniels. No other team offered that to Shanahan from what we know.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I don't disagree. 

I just think they will be focusing on other areas when it comes time to spend.

I ultimately think if they move on from Sitton it’s because they think they have an adequate replacement already in house. I don’t think they’d dump him to replace him with a FA lineman even if you could make a reasonable argument for it. If they think Morgan can be a solid starter in 2018 then by all means spend that $7M upgrading another position. 

Hmm Sports Mockery article basically saying that some anonymous source said Pace was all in on Dak Prescott, and was vetoed by Fox because we had Cutler..... Then extrapolating that to be a large part of the reason Fox was kept in the dark about the Trubisky pick.

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/12/rumor-biggest-ryan-pace-miscalculation-may-not-have-been-his-fault/

“Pace was all in on Prescott. Scouted him at all his games and was very excited to know he’d be in position to land him. Prescott met Pace a few times with Pace telling him he’s going be a star and would draft him if he gets the chance.”

Granted, I'm quite satisfied with how Trubisky is working out, but damn thinking about how different our team could be right now if we'd gotten our QB from a mere 4th rounder a few years back.

36 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Hmm Sports Mockery article basically saying that some anonymous source said Pace was all in on Dak Prescott, and was vetoed by Fox because we had Cutler..... Then extrapolating that to be a large part of the reason Fox was kept in the dark about the Trubisky pick.

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/12/rumor-biggest-ryan-pace-miscalculation-may-not-have-been-his-fault/

“Pace was all in on Prescott. Scouted him at all his games and was very excited to know he’d be in position to land him. Prescott met Pace a few times with Pace telling him he’s going be a star and would draft him if he gets the chance.”

Granted, I'm quite satisfied with how Trubisky is working out, but damn thinking about how different our team could be right now if we'd gotten our QB from a mere 4th rounder a few years back.

If true then oh well. I'm happy they got Trubisky over Prescott. Fox needs to go.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Trubisky is the only reason I'm not still bitter about Dak. I drafted him in the real time draft thread I made and got him in the 4th. Would have been a steal, but Fox might have been dead weight for another year too. 

What I love about Carmichael and his scheme is how many viable wide receivers they have created by spreading the ball around.

What I hate about Carmichael and his scheme is how much they spread the ball around. I have no faith in the Bears attracting or acquiring that many professionals at WR.

36 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I asked Ben Allbright if the Bears job was desirable.

"Very desirable job. Lots of pieces."

That is good news.

Very good news! Did I just watch you take two full steps off the ledge??

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Doesn't mean they won't screw it up.

This is the team that managed to find a worse coach than Marc Trestman.

In all due respect, based on track record, nobody on here thought that Fox would end up being a worse hire than Trestman.

To me you can't really compare the two.  Trestman had a team that was more ready to win in the present than what Fox inherited and has been dealing with the past couple seasons.  And this is not me defending one or the other because I really dislike both coaches.

But what we can definitively say is that Trestman had a better offense and worse defense and Fox has had the opposite.  This team needs some more balance with their next hire.

Archived