UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

One theory on the timing: is it possible that Fangio's contract running out tomorrow had anything to do with this? I would be very happy with keeping Vic and getting Nagy.

Nagy was one of my top three, so I'm pleased with this.  I'm also choosing to believe that Andy Reid did indeed take over playcalling in the collapse against the Taints. 

Wow holy crap here we go. Nagy was my 1b to DeFillipo as 1a so happy with this, I was never too bothered who we hired as long as it was offensive really, I just want to win some damn games. Can't believe how quick they've got this done, literally 24 hours after his interview, hopefully we've beat other teams to the punch and hoping your theory about Fangio is right @RunningVaccs!

17 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

But if it's Nagy's offense, even one year of Flip with Trubisky could be a great thing

Yep agreed, let him be a spring board for his next opportunity. It seems to work well for Andy he grooms people to be the next HC which makes coordinators want to work for him.

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

But if it's Nagy's offense, even one year of Flip with Trubisky could be a great thing

From Flip’s standpoint though wouldn’t it make more sense for him to go be OC for a defensive coach where he can run his show and really drive his HC candidacy? 

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

From Flip’s standpoint though wouldn’t it make more sense for him to go be OC for a defensive coach where he can run his show and really drive his HC candidacy? 

Detroit seems to be the only team to be likely to hire a defensive coach, and they probably will keep Cooter

Archived