Rudy Gobert to Minnesota

MikeT14

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Still crazy how much the Jazz got for Rudy. Think this trade has really made it hard for the Nets to trade KD. 

Wolves called on KD per Jon K at The Athletic for the Wolves. Apparently they said KAT or Ant had to be in the package and we were unwilling to do so. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, .Buzz said:

He’s not losing that size with age, and usually those bigs who are declining are doing so due to injury/their body breaking down. Neither of which I have seen anything to indicate is happening to Gobert. That doesn’t happen to all of them.

KAT literally played next to Vando last year, who is even more of a black hole offensively. Gobert helps bring that physical presence inside that we lack. Doesn’t even get into the fact that as we saw in the playoffs with KAT, he has issues with fouling. Not being in the big anchor in the paint should bring loads of pressure off of him. 

Really don’t foresee a young ascending star with superstar potential in Ant at age 20 going into year 3, KAT, and Gobert (one of the most feared defensive players in basketball) being a lotto team year in and year out (and especially not in the next couple years.

But I guess we’ll see.

Even as someone who doesn't think they're that great of a fit I think it's too early. Two true bigs is hard in the modern NBA. I watched the Pels do it with AD and Boogie and it was tough to acclimate, and both of those guys had more offensive skill in their pinky than Gobert does entirely. It'll take some time if it does work out. Pels played .500 ball for half the season with those two and finally started to look good in the 2nd half, and then Boogie got injured and the rest is history. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wolves struggle even longer than that. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Minnesota could have just kept Kessler hahaha. They are such a poverty franchise.

I didn't really have any expectations for Kessler coming into this season but he is such a high IQ player and already one of the best rim protectors in the league. He's also already lightyears ahead of Rudy in terms of offensive skill. If he can develop his body and add a 3P shot I think he has a chance to become an All-Star at some point. 

Rudy has been pretty weak for the Wolves this season, he has clearly lost a step and people underestimated how much he benefited from Quin Snyder's scheme.

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't really have any expectations for Kessler coming into this season but he is such a high IQ player and already one of the best rim protectors in the league. He's also already lightyears ahead of Rudy in terms of offensive skill. If he can develop his body and add a 3P shot I think he has a chance to become an All-Star at some point. 

Rudy has been pretty weak for the Wolves this season, he has clearly lost a step and people underestimated how much he benefited from Quin Snyder's scheme.

Sengun eats his lunch