General Talk

DoleINGout

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I just can't root for Kyrie. If he comes back, sure, I'll try to come to terms with it but I have no interest in him as a Celtic. I just don't think he's conducive to winning

I disagree about Morris... I do agree in that he can be kind of a blackhole offensively but I do think this team needed that this year at times. I think he was one of the only players on the team that felt comfortable and knew his role...  He's a ++ defender and a ++ leader. He's a dude that bought in entirely. Guess I'm a stan, tho

Yeah, I think we just disagree on this one.

Morris could defend well with his mind put to it, and is a great iso defender on the big scoring forwards, but he's inattentive and bad away from the ball. And offensively he was just another jump shooter on a team full of them. No activity as a cutter or moving off the ball, just hanging out at the 3pt line waiting.

As for leadership, his leadership was largely like Kyrie's. Talk about how they need to be better but never do the dirty work on the court that would actually make them better. Everyone on that team expected someone else to do the dirty work, and it started from the top with Kyrie and Morris.

Like I said, I think he's a good player. But he's more ego, jump shooting, and laziness away from the ball, on a team whose three problems are too much ego, too much jump shooting, and too much laziness away from the ball.

IMO, the only scenario in which you would keep Morris is if you made a big AD trade. Because you have his bird rights and can pay tax to re-sign him, then maybe get his brother with the MLE. But I think both Kyrie and Morris need to go.

EDIT: as a side note, its been something like half a decade since I was posting on this forum. I hope you've been well!

Edited by 24isthelaw
  • Like 2

Rank your top five favorite Boston sports athletes you've seen play in person.

Mine list is Tom Brady, Kevin Garnett, Rob Gronkowski, Jaylen Brown, and Patrice Bergeron in order from first to fifth. Yes, I have seen David Ortiz play before. (Ortiz is one of my favorite baseball players ever however I've enjoy watching many other athletes more.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, 24isthelaw said:

But I think both Kyrie and Morris need to go.

Would be nice to see them try to stick with their investments already and add a a starting level free agent.

Kyrie Irving/Jaylen Brown/Jayson Tatum/Al Horford/Brook Lopez

or

Irving/Brown/Gordon Hayward/Horford/Anthony Davis

The free agents for the Celtics seem to be: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, Ricky Rubio, Darren Collison, TJ McConnell, JJ Reddick, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Markieff Morris, and Brook Lopez, (among others of their own like Aron Baynes and Marcus Morris). I'd also think Ed Davis, Max Kleber and Taj Gibson will be strongly pursued by Ainge if he puts together a "championship roster" with trades like he did in 2008. After Ray Allen and KG, Ainge went out and got major free agent contributors Eddie House and James Posey.

Edited by DoleINGout

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Gimme this and call it a day:

@Troy Brown

Marcus Smart/Ricky Rubio

Jaylen Brown/Semi Ojeleye

Jayson Tatum/Gordon Hayward

Max Kleber/Aron Baynes

Brook Lopez/Robert Williams

i think it's a 4sure that horford is back with a pay cut or accepts his option. but this seems realistic. prolly tatum and hayward starting tho. 

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

i think it's a 4sure that horford is back with a pay cut or accepts his option. but this seems realistic. prolly tatum and hayward starting tho. 

I don't think Horford is a given at all. Yeah he said something three weeks ago hypothetically about he "would re-sign if" but I think that you could just as easily look at other comments he's made and draw the opposite conclusion. Horford thanked Boston for his time here and has reiterated at this point in his career all he wants is to win the championship wherever that is. I could really see Horford on the Clippers, Warriors or Rockets.

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't think Horford is a given at all. Yeah he said something three weeks ago hypothetically about he "would re-sign if" but I think that you could just as easily look at other comments he's made and draw the opposite conclusion. Horford thanked Boston for his time here and has reiterated at this point in his career all he wants is to win the championship wherever that is. I could really see Horford on the Clippers, Warriors or Rockets.

he ain't gonna turn down 30 mil imo