General Talk

DoleINGout

Sooo.....Miami.....mmmyess.

What are your thoughts on yesterday's business for them? (they've received two first round picks over the next two seasons in a massive overpay by BillyBOB - so they'll have four first round picks in two years)

They'll likely now end up with either Tua or Trevor, but still have plenty of holes to fill. They've now got the biggest ******* in the draft for the foreseeable though.

Concerned? Not bothered?

I think they'll address QB, hit-and-miss elsewhere, and it will be enough to be genuine runners up. The main concern is if it coincides with our decline, of course (not that that's a given)

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Sooo.....Miami.....mmmyess.

What are your thoughts on yesterday's business for them? (they've received two first round picks over the next two seasons in a massive overpay by BillyBOB - so they'll have four first round picks in two years)

They'll likely now end up with either Tua or Trevor, but still have plenty of holes to fill. They've now got the biggest ******* in the draft for the foreseeable though.

Concerned? Not bothered?

I think they'll address QB, hit-and-miss elsewhere, and it will be enough to be genuine runners up. The main concern is if it coincides with our decline, of course (not that that's a given)

They'll need to be picking first overall in 2021 to have a chance at Lawrence. I doubt anyone trades out of that spot. They're favourites to pick first next year so they may get Tua but oddly enough that doesn't really scare me. Their roster is so bare that they likely won't make anything out of his rookie deal. And if course he may get hit out of his potential like Luck now they've surrendered probably their best player in Tunsil. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, DoleINGout said:

Trevor Lawrence is so overhyped. Tua, Hurts and Fromm are already better QB's and will be sought after in the top 10's of whichever class they enter.

Is Fromm that good? I've heard a lot of; "arm chair ride with great team around him, great running game, recevers and OL. Game manager" etc. 

53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is Fromm that good? I've heard a lot of; "arm chair ride with great team around him, great running game, recevers and OL. Game manager" etc. 

I'm not sure why people are so low on Fromm. Guy consistently beats out heralded recruits, wins, teammates love him, pro-style offense, etc. Maybe I'm just biased because I loved him on QB1, but I think he's going to be a solid NFL QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spooky said:

Interested to see the gauge on whether Pats fans would like the Patriots to sign AB if he ends up getting released. Seen a lot of noise on twitter about it. 

Crazy story

Yes. Absolutely. But only for the lulz. I don't think they'd go near him.

If they did sign him, and he was the model citizen here, the "it was all a conspiracy" talk would be amazing.

16 hours ago, Spooky said:

Interested to see the gauge on whether Pats fans would like the Patriots to sign AB if he ends up getting released. Seen a lot of noise on twitter about it. 

Crazy story

I'm gonna quote Gronk on this one:

"I kinda wanna talk about it. But I kind of don’t because I’ll get in trouble. So I don’t know what to do.”

• Like 1

Elandon Roberts made team captain along with Andrews, Slater, Brady, and White.  Interesting that two of our seemingly lower profile guys in Roberts and Andrews were made captains.  Wonder if Roberts will continue developing into a better pass defender or if he's just gonna be our Brandon spikes for while.

13 minutes ago, bluemushrooms said:

Elandon Roberts made team captain along with Andrews, Slater, Brady, and White.  Interesting that two of our seemingly lower profile guys in Roberts and Andrews were made captains.  Wonder if Roberts will continue developing into a better pass defender or if he's just gonna be our Brandon spikes for while.

Wasn't Andrews a captain the last couple years?