General Talk

DoleINGout

@SBLIII The Chiefs have lost: Kareem Hunt, Mitch Morse, Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Steve Nelson and now Tyreek Hill very likely.

Even before Hill's arrest, losing all of that talent on a poor defense and switching schemes/coordinators on defense is bad. Then on offense, losing one of your leaders on the offensive line and the guy who has a rapport with Patrick Mahomes is big. Meanwhile Sammy Watkins is injury prone, Chris Conley, Anthony Sherman, and Spencer Ware are free agents, there is no depth behind Travis Kelce, and eight of their games in 2018 were decided by seven or less points. Add onto that the pressure on Mahomes to carry the team versus just successfully starting a full season coming into last season, and the expectations and controversies putting the organization further under the microscope. I expect the Chiefs to field a very competent, still competitive last place finishing AFC West team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

You really expect Joe Flacco to lead the Broncos to a better record than Kansas City? That says a lot.

says a lot? i expect the chiefs to be worse than the rest of the west (and most of the league) because the only thing they have is patrick mahomes.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

says a lot? i expect the chiefs to be worse than the rest of the west (and most of the league) because the only thing they have is patrick mahomes.

And Tyreek Hill. And Travis Kelce. And Andy "He's Still Good In The Regular Season, eh?" Reid. And the draft left to improve the defense (granted this is a cold comfort, especially with Spagnulo, but still).

Edit: nvm, haven't read the news yet on the resident woman beater

Edited by LD696

• 2 weeks later...

Current Red Sox as NFLer's? Here's what I got:

Mookie Betts, WR/CB

Jackie Bradley Jr., SS

Andrew Benintendi, ILB/RB

Xander Bogaerts, ILB

Chris Sale, WR

David Price, DE

J.D. Martinez, TE

Mitch Moreland, DE/FB

Blake Swihart, FS

Brandon Workman, OT

Nathan Evoldi, QB

Brock Holt, WR

Rick Porcello, WR

Eduardo Núñez, CB

Not bad...

On 3/31/2019 at 10:53 AM, DoleINGout said:

Current Red Sox as NFLer's? Here's what I got:

Mookie Betts, WR/CB

Jackie Bradley Jr., SS

Andrew Benintendi, ILB/RB

Xander Bogaerts, ILB

Chris Sale, WR

David Price, DE

J.D. Martinez, TE

Mitch Moreland, DE/FB

Blake Swihart, FS

Brandon Workman, OT

Nathan Evoldi, QB

Brock Holt, WR

Rick Porcello, WR

Eduardo Núñez, CB

Not bad...

Only one I'd be sure about is JBJ as a free safety. We know he's fast and can track down a ball, and (according to Google) he's 5'10", 200 lbs which is okay for a FS.

Just saw that both the Bruins and Celtics made the play-offs. If either of them win finals, Boston will be the first city since Detroit (in 1946) to win 3 different championships in a single year. If they both win Boston will be first ever city to hold all Big 4 trophies at once.

I don't follow hockey or bball much, so no idea what their chances are, but I thought it was a cool trivia thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Just saw that both the Bruins and Celtics made the play-offs. If either of them win finals, Boston will be the first city since Detroit (in 1946) to win 3 different championships in a single year. If they both win Boston will be first ever city to hold all Big 4 trophies at once.

I don't follow hockey or bball much, so no idea what their chances are, but I thought it was a cool trivia thing.

Pretty good for both.