Will 2 teams from the same conference make the playoffs ???

Iamcanadian

I already said I dont think Ohio State should make it in either, but if you are comparing Alabama vs Ohio State, Ohio State will have the better resume, even with the bad loss.  Ohio State would have as many wins against top 10 teams that Alabama has against top 25 teams, none in the top 10, as well as additional wins against the top 25

9 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

The argument he's making is like how we dealt with Oklahoma State proponents saying their football team lost to Iowa State that year because of the plane crash and that should be used as a justification to let OK State into the championship game in 2011.

Yup. And never used that as an excuse when Oklahoma St was up by 17.  Shame on anyone for using those women as an excuse. 

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Tried?  We derailed an entire program with that opening beatdown.  Knocked out Francois and the team completely crumbled.  They were the #3 team who EVERYBODY expected to contend for the playoffs.  

We destroyed everybody in our path except a good Miss St team and Auburn.   Ppl act like EVERY P5 conference wasn’t down this season. They all were.  Clemson gets a pass for Syracuse smoking them bcuz Bryant got hurt.  As if Bama hasn’t had way more key players hurt.  It can’t be an excuse some of the time.  Yes, Clemson is crushing Miami and  deserves a top 3 seed   I still don’t get how they’re ahead of Oklahoma considering they have had a better season   

If Ohio St came out here and murked Wisconsin tonight, I would’ve been all aboard them being 4.  But you cannot ignore the 2 losses.  Esp to a pathetic opponent by more than 4 TDs.  Those don’t just magically disappear.  

I’m not arguing that. I’m not even arguing necessarily for OSU over Bama. I’m arguing that whichever team gets left out has no gripe, because under normal situations, given the thighs against both teams’ resume, neither team should be going to a playoff. 

Just now, NateDawg said:

I’m not arguing that. I’m not even arguing necessarily for OSU over Bama. I’m arguing that whichever team gets left out has no gripe, because under normal situations, given the thighs against both teams’ resume, neither team should be going to a playoff. 

I think I agree with you here. 

Both teams have similar resumes. I personally give Alabama the edge but I also understand people giving Ohio State the credit for having some impressive wins. 

As for who I think the better team is between the two, I feel pretty strongly that it's Alabama. 

But if OSU gets it, I don't think it would be outrageous. I just feel like it should be 75/25 in favor of Alabama.

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

LMAO.  You do know you play in the Little 10, right?  We have scheduled big name opponents the last decade to open the season.  

How'd you do in your big out of conference game?  

5cf5f417c1fd275061f7bd36848575f3

Considering its still a better team than Alabama faced all year, not too bad.  I already said I dont think Ohio State deserves to make it, but Alabama doesnt either.  This is just one of those years where there is no right answer for the 4th team and should just be who they think is the 4th best conference champ. 

Also that "Little 10" crack just shows you dont have a good argument for why Alabama should make it as a 2nd team from a conference especially when the team that beat them and win their division didnt even win the SEC and now has 3 losses.  Heck I'd be more ok with Auburn at 3 losses and not a conference champ making it in over Ohio State and Alabama, but that aint gonna happen as they have a better resume.  Just Alabama doesnt have the resume to justify putting them in over a conference champ and its not close.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

I already said I dont think Ohio State should make it in either, but if you are comparing Alabama vs Ohio State, Ohio State will have the better resume, even with the bad loss.  Ohio State would have as many wins against top 10 teams that Alabama has against top 25 teams, none in the top 10, as well as additional wins against the top 25

For the record, I expect Ohio St to get the nod.  Ppl were furious when you guys made it last time jumping TCU and Penn St. but boy did you guys show everyone wrong by steamrolling thru the playoffs.  

If you do get the 4th seed, do us a favor and do the same.  Owise you’ll never hear the end of it. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

For the record, I expect Ohio St to get the nod.  Ppl were furious when you guys made it last time jumping TCU and Penn St. but boy did you guys show everyone wrong by steamrolling thru the playoffs.  

If you do get the 4th seed, do us a favor and do the same.  Owise you’ll never hear the end of it. 

Thats why i dont want Ohio State to make it.  I dont think they deserve it just like I dont think Alabama does.  Alabama hasnt beaten anyone, Ohio state has some great wins, Penn State and Wisconsin if they hold on, but I've been down on this team all year.  Honestly I would prefer Auburn to get the nod because they seem to be more legit than any other team with 3 great losses and some great wins.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Also that "Little 10" crack just shows you dont have a good argument for why Alabama should make it as a 2nd team from a conference especially when the team that beat them and win their division didnt even win the SEC and now has 3 losses.  Heck I'd be more ok with Auburn at 3 losses and not a conference champ making it in over Ohio State and Alabama, but that aint gonna happen as they have a better resume.  Just Alabama doesnt have the resume to justify putting them in over a conference champ and its not close.

1st bolded- yes, I did.  The same post your fellow Buckeyes fan Nate replied to. 

2nd bolded- now that’s by far the most ridiculous thing ever said about the playoffs. 

3rd bolded- just bcuz you win a CG doesn’t make 2 butt whuppings disappear.  Esp a 31 point drubbing by Iowa.  They put up 55 on you!  

Clemson lost to freaking Syracuse.  Miami lost to Pitt yet made their CG.  CGs are not the end all be all.  We proved that when we destroyed LSU in the Natty which you prolly complained about even tho ppl complained about you guys getting in a few yrs back.  Funny how that works. 

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

Thats why i dont want Ohio State to make it.  I dont think they deserve it just like I dont think Alabama does.  Alabama hasnt beaten anyone, Ohio state has some great wins, Penn State and Wisconsin if they hold on, but I've been down on this team all year.  Honestly I would prefer Auburn to get the nod because they seem to be more legit than any other team with 3 great losses and some great wins.

I think Auburn is a great team but a great team at home. 

That stadium gets going for those big games. Maybe the hardest place to play in college football based on how great they've been at home in recent memory. 

All of Auburn's losses this year have come on the road. At Clemson, at LSU, and neutral site against Georgia.

They're a different team at home. Already a great team but even better at home.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

Honestly I would prefer Auburn to get the nod because they seem to be more legit than any other team with 3 great losses and some great wins.

So a 3-loss team who just got spanked in their CG deserves it more than a 2-loss CG winner and an  injury ravaged 11-1 team whose sole loss was to the #2 team on the road?  Seriously??

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, PAW said:

2/3 of their losses were against playoff teams though. If we are saying 4 best teams, they certainly have an argument over Alabama. 

I think I could buy this argument

But I also don't feel like a 3 loss team should make it

Just now, RollEagles said:

I think Auburn is a great team but a great team at home. 

That stadium gets going for those big games. Maybe the hardest place to play in college football based on how great they've been at home in recent memory. 

All of Auburn's losses this year have come on the road. At Clemson, at LSU, and neutral site against Georgia.

They're a different team at home. Already a great team but even better at home.

Fair.  I just still dont think there is a great option for the 4th spot because of one reason or another if Ohio State wins.  Alabama's resume is poor, Ohio State has the horrid loss but good wins, as you mentioned Auburn is only good at home, the USC just isn't a legit candidate.  The main reason I think Ohio State over Auburn would legit be that its one of those years with everything else being so close, and it really is that close when you take everything into consideration, aka your wins mean more than losses as long as you aren't at 3+, that the Confernce Championship means a lot.  Like I said the only case I saw for Ohio State over Penn State last year was that Penn State's only good win was really Ohio State but with 2 closses while Ohio State had a much better overall resume and 1 loss.  This year Alabama doesnt have the amazing resume to surpass a conference champ IMO even if I dont think they deserve to make it either.  Otherwise if we talk about losses mattering then UCF should be #4 because they havent lost.

Archived