Will 2 teams from the same conference make the playoffs ???

Iamcanadian

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Then Alabama will get in is the obvious answer.

Literally the only way Ohio State gets in this year is if the top 4 all lose.  It would be a glorious spectacle to behold, but alas, I don't see that happening.

Nah, I think we get in w/ a win and an OU loss. ACC winner is definitely in. SEC winner is definitely in so that's our last two options.

After the awesome display of talent we showed against Iowa, I had no expectations so I'm good w/ it. If by some miracle it happens, great, but let's not pretend those odds are in our favor. OU looks pretty solid right now. I still think Clemson and Auburn are better though. I just hope Baker has a crap game before this season ends. Dude is an idiot (he's actually more than that but per forum rules, I can't speak my true thoughts about him w/o causing several infractions).

27 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Then Alabama will get in is the obvious answer.

Literally the only way Ohio State gets in this year is if the top 4 all lose.  It would be a glorious spectacle to behold, but alas, I don't see that happening.

You don't think that TCU would have a shot? The assumption is also if OSU beats Wisconsin (I don't know that they will).

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You don't think that TCU would have a shot? The assumption is also if OSU beats Wisconsin (I don't know that they will).

Not from 10 and behind Penn State already.  Now if they pull a 59-0 then maybe, but then they probably jump Ohio State too in that case then.

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not from 10 and behind Penn State already.  Now if they pull a 59-0 then maybe, but then they probably jump Ohio State too in that case then.

Yep, that's my thought also. If we beat Wiscy, that's a hell of a jump for them to make over us. If we lose to Wiscy, there's no chance in hell they get in over them. An idle Bama team is their best bet and I just don't see that happening even though, you know, Nick Saban thinks teams who aren't conference champs don't deserve to be in the playoffs :)

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As well that they should if they stomp the team that beat OSU, even if they did lose to them earlier in the year.

Like it or not that 2nd loss being an absolute shlacking to Iowa is an anchor around this team's neck.

Alabama and OSU neither one deserve to make it.

Weird year, really. Winner of the SEC is worthy of being there, along with OU. Same for winner of ACC or Wisky if they beat OSU. With that said, teams like Miami and Clemson even have really shown weak points at times, and the winner will be either 1/2. Even a Clemson fan on the board 2 weeks ago said that the Tigers are in real trouble if they make the playoffs.

No real legitimate #1 like most years. Auburn certainly playing great at the moment. Strange that a 2-loss team seems to be your consensus best team at the moment. 

I usually like Tebow as a whole, but he’s on ESPN today saying that Alabama should go to the playoff over an undefeated Wisconsin. How can you have such a bad take? Wisconsin would have better wins, be undefeated, and a conference championship. Takes like this really illustrate the name brand favoritism that contrasts between teams like Bama and UW in the CFP.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I usually like Tebow as a whole, but he’s on ESPN today saying that Alabama should go to the playoff over an undefeated Wisconsin. How can you have such a bad take?

10665981_10204880032827554_3761536966205

If you don't believe me, just ask David Pollack and Paul Finebaum.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wisconsin would have better wins, be undefeated, and a conference championship. Takes like this really illustrate the name brand favoritism that contrasts between teams like Bama and UW in the CFP.

06d819f7cab94f820934784986b40d0cc3acbd5f

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

FWIW, I don't disagree w/ Tebow that Bama would beat Wiscy. I don't think they deserve to be in there over an undefeated Wiscy but it is what it is. I do feel they're a better team and by a good margin.

Better or not, there’s relevance to resume, SOS, wins and losses, and conference titles. You can’t just pick the 4 things you think are the best on theair best day and throw everything else out. It’s an awful take by Tebow. 

53 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Better or not, there’s relevance to resume, SOS, wins and losses, and conference titles. You can’t just pick the 4 things you think are the best on theair best day and throw everything else out. It’s an awful take by Tebow. 

I agree it's an awful take which is why I don't agree w/ him w/ that part. I absolutely agree w/ you here.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

With that Oklahoma win it makes it seem less likely but still a Wisky loss puts Bama in

Only potential drama would be if Ohio State obliterates Wisconsin.  If that happens then I could see them making it instead.  However, anything less than a 28+ point win and Alabama will comfortably make it.

Archived