Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The aveija mystery bag intrigues me

tenor.gif?itemid=15543179

I think the biggest draw to Deni is 1) His size, he fills that need on the perimeter and 2) His creating/passing on the perimter would provide a lot to the offense.

Everything else in his game is a complete mystery

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Let me get this straight.   You bag on the defense at all times.

then turn around and say to trade everything for the laziest defender in the NBA

"My offense is my defense"

-Sasha Pavlovic

-James Harden

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

Saw something about us trying to get another top 10 pick for maybe Okoro as well

I would love that. Apparently Drummond is opting back in under the premise that he will then be traded. I know the Celtics have interest in him. Wonder if there is anyway we could flip Drummond, use those assets in return to move back up in the lottery for Okoro.....

I just dont see how in any way shape or form the Cavs come out of this draft on WED with Obi Toppin, no defense, and Love/Drummond still on the roster.

A move will be made and Im giddy to see what it is.

4 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Let me get this straight.   You bag on the defense at all times.

then turn around and say to trade everything for the laziest defender in the NBA

First. Saying he’s the laziest player in the league is a lazy statement. This isn’t 2014 he’s proven he can play good enough defense to get by. Like almost every star. 

second. He’s proven his style of play can take a team deep into the playoffs every year. His offense makes up for any deficiency on defense several times over. 

22 hours ago, brownie man said:

Just watched Patrick Williams 

hes the guy I want if we can’t get Edwards Melo or Wiseman

true freshman who showed he’s got a starting 3 skill set. 

im willing to take a risk on him in this draft especially with the way our team looks right now 

I would be down for Williams. He’s got elite upside and is already a superb on and off ball defender. He’s got great size and can shoot from the outside. Doesn’t need the ball to be successful...in fact, he’s not very good with the ball. Catch & shoot guy that plays stellar defense.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, AkronsWitness said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15543179

I think the biggest draw to Deni is 1) His size, he fills that need on the perimeter and 2) His creating/passing on the perimter would provide a lot to the offense.

Everything else in his game is a complete mystery

They also got to scout him in person before Covid. Maybe they liked what they saw/heard?

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They also got to scout him in person before Covid. Maybe they liked what they saw/heard?

Its possible but all signs are pointing to the Bulls taking him at #4. Either way I would just rather not. Hes a complete projection and given where the Cavs are in their rebuild, they cant afford to swing and miss. The NBAs scouting of international players has been horrendus over the years which is why you see guys like Saric/Hezonja/Bender get drafted WAY too high. People are always looking for that next Dirk or Luka and in the process probably overrate the vast amount of international guys. 

Ill gladly eat crow if he turns out to be amazing but from the guys I talked to who live over in Europe--hes nowhere close to the prospect guys like Rubio/Luka/Gallanari were.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its possible but all signs are pointing to the Bulls taking him at #4. Either way I would just rather not. Hes a complete projection and given where the Cavs are in their rebuild, they cant afford to swing and miss. The NBAs scouting of international players has been horrendus over the years which is why you see guys like Saric/Hezonja/Bender get drafted WAY too high. People are always looking for that next Dirk or Luka and in the process probably overrate the vast amount of international guys. 

Ill gladly eat crow if he turns out to be amazing but from the guys I talked to who live over in Europe--hes nowhere close to the prospect guys like Rubio/Luka/Gallanari were.

Hearing some reports that the Cavs have scouted Deni the most. That every major big wig for our front office has gone overseas to scout him in person.

Where the Cavs are in their rebuild...that right there shouldnt stop them from drafting anybody. They dont really have an established/young promising star yet

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hearing some reports that the Cavs have scouted Deni the most. That every major big wig for our front office has gone overseas to scout him in person.

Where the Cavs are in their rebuild...that right there shouldnt stop them from drafting anybody. They dont really have an established/young promising star yet

I heard that too which makes me feel a little bit better about it, apparently our scouting director has some sort of connection with the euroleague or something like that?

I hear ya on the star talent thing. But I personally believe there is a blend you can reach between finding big talent as well as fit. Deni/Toppin both, to me, are the two biggest boom/bust prospects that might be there for the Cavs. It would be great to hit a homerun with one but swinging and missing in the past with guys like Waiters/Bennett make me wish they would draft the solid safe guy.

To me a guy like Okoro is far more bust-proof than Deni eventhough Deni might have the higher ceiling. Same thing with Okongwu. Their defense alone gives them both super high floors.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck