Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Just gotta continue developing him 

he’s only what 21? 

And still has zero offensive game. It’s not going to magically just show up. If he’s been playing basketball his whole life and still can’t hit and open corner 3 that’s a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And still has zero offensive game. It’s not going to magically just show up. If he’s been playing basketball his whole life and still can’t hit and open corner 3 that’s a problem. 

Are you saying players can’t develop a shot after age 21?

Dude is still 4-5 years from even hitting his prime. I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t trade him, everyone is tradable depending on the deal, but let’s not pretend he’s a finished product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Are you saying players can’t develop a shot after age 21?

Dude is still 4-5 years from even hitting his prime. I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t trade him, everyone is tradable depending on the deal, but let’s not pretend he’s a finished product.

I’m saying this guy won’t develop a shot. Some guys just don’t have it. Like MKG or tony Allen. He has a long LONG way to go before he can be a passable offensive player. He can’t even make a layup right now. Trade him now before it’s too late while he still has some value. We need a scoring wing more than we need a one way defensive guard who can only guard other smaller guards. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m saying this guy won’t develop a shot. Some guys just don’t have it. Like MKG or tony Allen. He has a long LONG way to go before he can be a passable offensive player. He can’t even make a layup right now. Trade him now before it’s too late while he still has some value. We need a scoring wing more than we need a one way defensive guard who can only guard other smaller guards. 

Yeah every team needs a scoring wing more than they need a one way defensive 2 guard, so we aren't going to be able to trade him for that.

This is the same thing we were talking about with Sexton in the offseason.  Both of them combined isn't worth a guy like Ingram. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He can’t even make a layup right now. 

This is straight up false. Thats pretty much all he can do. Sure he missed a super easy layup last game but overall thats all he can do offensively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys are fun to watch.

People are underestimating this team, which is good.

It's that much sweeter when they turn in a good performance.

Certainly better than overestimating a team and watching them perform poorly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bruceb said:

These guys are fun to listen to.

People are underestimating this team, which is good.

It's that much sweeter when they turn in a good performance.

Certainly better than overestimating a team and watching them perform poorly.

Fify 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch the Cavs. But I don't think I'm allowed to say how.

 

Anywho. When healthy, the team is super fun to watch this year. I think the big questions coming up are...

Do we trade off the vets? Rubio and (super suprisingly) Love both seem to be playing at a level where we could get an asset (Rubio) or just get off the contract (Love). Do we do this, or do we pursue the 8-10 seed and hope that some playoff experience is good for the young core?

How do we get the one piece we are missing to make us a legit threat in the playoffs? I think we all look at this roster and see that with a star level 2/3 we could be a legit contender, or at least a deep playoff team. So how do we get one?

What to do with the young pieces whose fit is a question mark? Sexton's upside is a high volume, efficient scorer. But his defense, while high effort, is capped by his athleticism and height. Is he our scoring 6th man? Or is he a trade piece toward something else? What about Okoro? He's young and I think he could keep getting better. But he's currently not much of a shooter. Is he a trade piece or someone you hope grows into more of a two way player?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FGK said:

I watch the Cavs. But I don't think I'm allowed to say how.

The Office Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, FGK said:

Anywho. When healthy, the team is super fun to watch this year. I think the big questions coming up are...

Do we trade off the vets? Rubio and (super suprisingly) Love both seem to be playing at a level where we could get an asset (Rubio) or just get off the contract (Love). Do we do this, or do we pursue the 8-10 seed and hope that some playoff experience is good for the young core?

no way I’m trading Rubio, he’s what stirs the pot. 
 

love can go.

4 hours ago, FGK said:

How do we get the one piece we are missing to make us a legit threat in the playoffs? I think we all look at this roster and see that with a star level 2/3 we could be a legit contender, or at least a deep playoff team. So how do we get one?

keep winning, draft well and make a trade when the opportunity presents itself. 

4 hours ago, FGK said:

What to do with the young pieces whose fit is a question mark? Sexton's upside is a high volume, efficient scorer. But his defense, while high effort, is capped by his athleticism and height. Is he our scoring 6th man? Or is he a trade piece toward something else?

depends on his contract and trade value tbh

4 hours ago, FGK said:

What about Okoro? He's young and I think he could keep getting better. But he's currently not much of a shooter. Is he a trade piece or someone you hope grows into more of a two way player?

He’s 20.  I’m not looking to move him, but he’s not untouchable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FGK said:

Do we trade off the vets? Rubio and (super suprisingly) Love both seem to be playing at a level where we could get an asset (Rubio) or just get off the contract (Love). Do we do this, or do

It would be hard to trade Rubio when we are down our second ball handling guard. I do think his play early on scoring wise will drop off but as long has he can be respectable from 3, we should look to resign him. 

Love on the other hand, we need to find a way to get his salary either off the books or more manageable. I dont think he will get anything more than a vet min next year or the year after. I would try to tell him to see what the market out there is for him and assuming its pretty much non-existent we should offer to give him a vet min for 1 year and add that to the 28 mil hes owed. So effectively we restructure that into 2 year 15M. 

This gives us some cap flexibility to sign someone before potentially extending/matching Colins contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...