Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Didn't like the long 3 at the end.

Should have schemed for something close to the hoop to take the lead or get a foul and a chance for a tie or the lead.

Nonetheless, nothing to be ashamed of. 

Great show!, and I am sure they will learn from it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Mobley can become what I think he’s capable of, we just need a true dynamic scoring / playmaking wing and we’re set as a franchise.

Yep. We're a lot closer than most thought during the off-season. The Garland/Allen development and Mobley being so good out of the gate is a real best case scenario.

8 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yep. We're a lot closer than most thought during the off-season. The Garland/Allen development and Mobley being so good out of the gate is a real best case scenario.

If the Pacers blow it up--they Cavs should really really really call Indiana and see what it would cost to get a guy like TJ Warren (who they had interest in in PHX when discussing Kyrie trades)....or Harrison Barnes....or Buddy Heild.

• Like 1

Also, just putting this out there not meaning to kill good vibes with the cavs, but the only thing that is irritating me about this season is the coaching staff not even giving Windler a chance.

I know hes been injured, I know he hasnt exactly lit the world on fire but the dude needs PT, especially on a team who generally shoots the 3 ball poorly.

It feels like the have this lottery ticket asset on their bench and they wont use it....how is Lamar Stevens getting 15 mins a game over Dylan Windler?? what the hell is that.

All of Lamar Stevens mins should be given to Windler, why they are not I have no idea and its frustrating. 

I think its JB Bickerstaff loving defensive minded players regardless of how piss poor Stevens is on offense.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I can't stand Lebron, and really don't want to ever see him play here again, but curious as to where people think we would be in the Eastern Conference with THIS squad + Lebron?

We can play with anyone now, so yes with a James addition, although I would not want him here either.

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I can't stand Lebron, and really don't want to ever see him play here again, but curious as to where people think we would be in the Eastern Conference with THIS squad + Lebron?

We’d be a top 4 seed. Remember lebron doesn’t care about the regular season and it rubs off on the rest of the team. The defense would go way down. Mobley would become a stand in the corner 3 point shooter. Lauri and Allen would thrive though. Those kick out open 3s to Lauri and Allen lobs would be beautiful. 

Get ready for it. If there's one thing we know about LeBron its that he's the biggest whore for an easy title in NBA history (excluding 3 years of Durant really goin for it). 

This team in the 2023 offseason will be young as hell, coming off a playoff run, with incredible <25 talent in Garland/Mobley/Allen, all of which fit LeBron like a glove. 

In addition the Cavs biggest need will be wing minutes, playmaking, and vet leadership. 

The Cavs will be LeBron's best and easiest chance at getting another title or two, even if he's the 5th or 6th best player on the team by that point. (In 2 seasons you gotta figure Garland and Mobley and probably Allen are much better than him).

And he can do it under the guise of doing this city a favor, even though its the path of least resistance, just like it was in 2014 when he came back. 

He'd get to win easily AND look like a hero for his personal image. He might be afraid the Cavs winning a title without him reflects poorly. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck