Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

18 minutes ago, FGK said:

I AM HAVING A $%&@ING OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE WATCHING THIS GAME.

Screw trades. Trade no one. I want to see this team as Okoro/Mobley get better throughout the year. Grab a buy out guy as the backup wing, but that's it. 

Trades still need to be made. Still need to improve the end of the bench. If not JB might have this team running out of gas by the end of the season

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Trades still need to be made. Still need to improve the end of the bench. If not JB might have this team running out of gas by the end of the season

Eh, I don't know that you need to TRADE for a 9th/10th guy unless an injury happens. You only play 8ish guys in the playoffs anyway. That seems like more like targeting a buyout candidate. I guess you could toss a 2nd round pick and some expiring deals from the end of the bench at a solid 3&D wings like Terrence Ross?

14 hours ago, FGK said:

Eh, I don't know that you need to TRADE for a 9th/10th guy unless an injury happens. You only play 8ish guys in the playoffs anyway. That seems like more like targeting a buyout candidate. I guess you could toss a 2nd round pick and some expiring deals from the end of the bench at a solid 3&D wings like Terrence Ross?

Yes you only play 8 in the playoffs but you don’t play 8 a majority of the season. He is going to wear some guys out. 

Some fun with basketball reference tonight.

The Cavs have the 5th best average margin of victory in the NBA. The average roster age of the 1-7 teams outside of us = 28.3, 29.7, 27.8, 28.3, 28.7, 30.7. Our average roster age? 24.6 You have to go all the way down to the 14th best MoV team to get one younger than us (Memphis). 

BR's SRS (simple rating system) uses margin of victory and strength of schedule to rate teams. The Cavs are 1st in the eastern conference. 

The Cavs have the 3rd best defensive rating in the NBA. We are tied with Milwaukee for the best net rating in the eastern conference. We have the 10th highest true shooting percentage in the NBA.

We have had the 1st or 2nd hardest schedule in the NBA so far (.532 win %) depending on how you measure it. We have the easiest remaining schedule in the NBA (.475 win %). 

4 hours ago, FGK said:

Some fun with basketball reference tonight.

The Cavs have the 5th best average margin of victory in the NBA. The average roster age of the 1-7 teams outside of us = 28.3, 29.7, 27.8, 28.3, 28.7, 30.7. Our average roster age? 24.6 You have to go all the way down to the 14th best MoV team to get one younger than us (Memphis). 

BR's SRS (simple rating system) uses margin of victory and strength of schedule to rate teams. The Cavs are 1st in the eastern conference. 

The Cavs have the 3rd best defensive rating in the NBA. We are tied with Milwaukee for the best net rating in the eastern conference. We have the 10th highest true shooting percentage in the NBA.

We have had the 1st or 2nd hardest schedule in the NBA so far (.532 win %) depending on how you measure it. We have the easiest remaining schedule in the NBA (.475 win %). 

Cavs are for real. Not fakers like Washington who has had one of the easiest schedules.

"12. Love also said: “Two things we do extremely well are compete and play defense. And offensively, that’s the thing about this team, anybody at any time can whip it up.”

13. Love is correct. The Cavs are the only NBA team this season that has had a 20-point scorer and four different players in double figures every game. On the Cavs’ postgame TV show, former coach Mike Fratello said Cleveland “is a nightmare” for opposing teams when it comes to preparation. They are big. They defend. They pass. They play hard every night."

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/12/the-rise-of-kevin-love-is-a-symbol-of-cavs-rise-this-season-terry-plutos-scribbles.html

I like Pluto's attempt at being dispassionate but I like it more when he spills a little over the edge.

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

How can we get Lebron back on this team? 

Twilight Lebron would fit in so well

No he wouldn't.

He would destroy the culture and team spirit.

And probably the team mid to long term by insisting on acquiring pieces the team does not need to win now.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck