Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

@buno67

man Ed Davis has played extremely well since he’s got back. Have you watched him or are you just going off his name?

if you watch him this season especially the last week he’s played really well bro

He isn’t bad when he has to play limited minutes.  For an end of bench big, he isn’t bad but if he has to play expanded minutes 20-25min range (insert gun into mouth)

he is a great rebounder still but the Cavs don’t need great rebounding. We need bigs who can play great defense and erase mistakes like Mobley and Allen can do

Under the agreement, a team will be allowed to sign a replacement player for each positive COVID-19 case that crops up across its roster. So, if a team has five positive cases of COVID-19, for example, it could sign five replacement players.

Meanwhile, teams will have to sign at least one replacement player if they have two positive COVID-19 cases; at least two if they have three positive COVID-19 cases; and at least three if they have four or more positive COVID-19 cases.

The memo also states that any time a team is required to sign a player, that player must be available by the start of the team's first game after the allowance to sign a replacement player is granted by the NBA.

Any replacement players who are signed also won't count toward a team's yearly salary and won't add to its potential luxury tax payment. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:58 PM, OhioG said:

Kyrie is coming back as a part time player. 

Ohio needs to pass a law by playoffs that un-vaccinated people cant enter stadiums.

mischievous-naughty.gif

On 12/20/2021 at 4:33 AM, buno67 said:

He isn’t bad when he has to play limited minutes.  For an end of bench big, he isn’t bad but if he has to play expanded minutes 20-25min range (insert gun into mouth)

he is a great rebounder still but the Cavs don’t need great rebounding. We need bigs who can play great defense and erase mistakes like Mobley and Allen can do

100%. I've appreciated Davis' solid minutes as a bench big. But pushing for more minutes makes no sense when you have Allen and Mobley. While they're injured/sick he will play more, when they are good he'll play less. Simple as that.

I don’t know if Brooklynn ever figures it out or stays healthy. So if our biggest obstacle is Milwaukee, I think we match up better with them than most teams.

You can’t stop Giannis, but our 2 bigs can make him uncomfortable. My biggest fear is dealing with Jrue Holiday, because I’d want Okoro defending Middleton.

Edited by candyman93

Raptors at Cavaliers key injuries

Raptors

PG Fred VanVleet (health and safety protocols) out

SG Gary Trent (health and safety protocols) out

PF Pascal Siakam (health and safety protocols) out

C Precious Achiuwa (health and safety protocols) out

SF OG Anunoby (health and safety protocols) out

SF Scottie Barnes (health and safety protocols) out

Cavaliers

SF Isaac Okoro (reconditioning) questionable

C Jarrett Allen (health and safety protocols) out

PF Evan Mobley (health and safety protocols) out

This is hilarious.

A  possible Ben Simmons trade excites and scares me both.  If the price was right, I wouldn't mind.  I have seen Sexton, Okoro, and a couple 1sts.  The D on this team would be un freakin believable..... but I certainly believe getting another shooter would be necessary.

https://hoopshype.com/2021/12/26/cavs-a-team-to-watch-in-ben-simmons-sweepstakes/

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

A  possible Ben Simmons trade excites and scares me both.  If the price was right, I wouldn't mind.  I have seen Sexton, Okoro, and a couple 1sts.  The D on this team would be un freakin believable..... but I certainly believe getting another shooter would be necessary.

https://hoopshype.com/2021/12/26/cavs-a-team-to-watch-in-ben-simmons-sweepstakes/

Yeah I’ve got mixed feelings as well about him. He’s a top 25 player who can guard anyone in the league. I’m just not sure where he fits. Our shooting is already questionable at best. Where does he play? PG? Just have him and Garland in the backcourt with Lauri Mobley and Allen up front? I guess that could work. He’s never ever going to be a good or even willing shooter so you just have to accept that. I’m afraid of what the cost would be. I’m ok with giving up okoro and I guess you have to give up love which would hurt our shooting even more when we need it the most but there’s no other option. So it would have to be love okoro and sextons RFA rights. And probably a first.