Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I agree with the general anti-Simmons sentiment. He's not a good fit considering what we would have to give up in order to trade for him.

I think the Rubio injury just makes it all the more clear that we need to upgrade our guard depth. Before you could have Rubio as your backup PG/SG. For the regular season, maybe Valentine can fill the backup SG role. But we need a more reliable backup PG for the remainder of the regular season, and in the playoffs we'll need someone to fill that role behind Okoro and Garland. 

Who are the likely candidates? Markelle Fultz from the Magic? Buddy Hield would help at SG but not PG, same for Terrence Ross, Eric Gordon, and Caris Levert. Does Goran Dragic have enough left in the tank for that role? Too many teams in the east competing, it takes guys like the guard depth in Indiana off the table.

As I'm looking through available talent, it's a good year to need a backup SG, not such a good year to need a backup PG. Definitely terrible luck for us to lose both Sexton and Rubio. 

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man If I would’ve known Mobley could do that I would’ve never brought up Kuminga 😂 

Was us getting Mobley the best lottery come up since Kyrie? 

Probably since LeBron for the simple fact that Mobley came in with an unselfish, winning mentality. I probably loved Kyrie as much as anyone because of his skills but he was always a me first guy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Can’t do that. The Z rule. Can’t sign a player after you trade them for a year. 

are the those rules altered at all cause of covid stuff?

If so its not big deal, dude was garbage.

21 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

makes sense. We don’t need to trade anything for him. We have an open roster spot and a TPE. Hopefully he wants to be here and isn’t completely washed. 

best part is they didnt need to use the TPE