Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

19 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Injuries completely derailed this season, but it’s been great. We are a year ahead of schedule 

I’m absolutely ok with us missing the playoffs if that means we keep our first rounder. We would’ve been much higher had it not been for all our injuries. 

Hopefully we get this W

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sexton should be gone next year. I don’t think it was a coincidence that garland hit another level once sexton went out. They just can’t play together. 

Garland is following your typical superstar trajectory he was going to pop off this year regardless. 

The talent gap between him and Sexton is astronomical and every can see it even Sexton. He wouldn't have gotten in the way. 

I'm interested in what happens with Sexton actually. Hes a dynamic scorer from 3 levels with efficiency and is a culture builder. However he cant play pointguard and he cant guard wings which makes it hard for him to find a home.  The Pistons have cap space and Cunningham is the PERFECT player for Sexton to play with. 

If I'm Detroit  I'd float Jeremy Grant for  Colin Sexton and look to draft one of the big 3 prospects. Then use the cap space to fill up the bench. 

Something like

G: Sexton/Cunningham

F: Bey/Paolo or Jabari Smith or  Chet Holmgren

C Stewart 

Makes a lot of sense annd fits together. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Garland is following your typical superstar trajectory he was going to pop off this year regardless. 

The talent gap between him and Sexton is astronomical and every can see it even Sexton. He wouldn't have gotten in the way. 

I'm interested in what happens with Sexton actually. Hes a dynamic scorer from 3 levels with efficiency and is a culture builder. However he cant play pointguard and he cant guard wings which makes it hard for him to find a home.  The Pistons have cap space and Cunningham is the PERFECT player for Sexton to play with. 

If I'm Detroit  I'd float Jeremy Grant for  Colin Sexton and look to draft one of the big 3 prospects. Then use the cap space to fill up the bench. 

Something like

G: Sexton/Cunningham

F: Bey/Paolo or Jabari Smith or  Chet Holmgren

C Stewart 

Makes a lot of sense annd fits together. 

Garland would have never had the opportunity to show his star abilities with sexton around. Probably would have taken him another year to get to this level. Sexton just takes too much away from him. Garland took off almost immediately after sexton went down. He has to be moved. I don’t care what it’s for. But I doubt it would be for grant. He has said that he doesn’t want to go to a team where he’d be a 3rd or 4th option. He wants to be a top guy. Which would be a problem here. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s 100% right.  I mean, Russ deserves some blame because he’s not good enough, but he’s exactly the player they thought they were getting.

Not sure what firing a solid coach like Vogel does to help them?  This is the NBA in general though.  It’s much more about talent than coaching and coaches get canned all the time for doing exactly what most expect of them.

The Lakers just need to be happy LBJ won them one and blow this mess up. 

If they want to wait to see how next year goes, fine I suppose, but they’ll likely be looking to deal AD next year and probably buying out LeBron.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m telling you a Collin for Bron trade this off-season. Let’s get Bron back now and have 2 more strong years. 

Would love that and you know what, bronny could be the ideal back up PG for Garland

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Would love that and you know what, bronny could be the ideal back up PG for Garland

I’m not even sure what position Bronny will play in the league. I also genuinely believe he’s going to want to stay in college multiple years. He’s not a one and done player from everything I read. I think with all that fame and actually being a good player he’s going to want to play in college multiple years honestly. Maybe I’m wrong but he’s not hurting for money.

Being that rich in college might be more fun than being in the D league or last man on a bench. 

Right now Bronny is just standing on top of papa’s shoulders and calling himself tall. Not that he won’t possibly end up being a good player. But he’s just inside the top 50 in his respective class rankings. Nothing to project ahead as far as him playing a role on an NBA team at this stage. Aside from his daddy trying to drag him along onto an NBA roster spot with the leverage he has. Worst case scenario, Bronny flames out and they can still watch Cowboys or Yankees or Red Sox games together in one of their mansions. At this stage though LeBron can just stay away from Cleveland. 

• Like 1

Bronny has it really rough and really easy at the same time.

He’s been given every opportunity and likely overhyped because of whose son he is and such, but at the same time he’s held to some almost absurd standard.  Like, he’s not his dad, clearly.  But he may be a decent enough player to make a name for himself.

As of now I can’t help but think his class rating and recruiting are overinflated due to name, but I’m not gonna pretend like I’ve watched him play.

At least from what I’ve read, 6’3 with a decent jump shot, really good passer and tries hard on defense, he’s got a shot.

As of now I’d love to have LBJ back, but I’m not sure how much I’d give up for him. It would also have to be with the understanding that the organization isn’t gonna sign all his geezer friends and he’s not the focal point.  He’s one of the guys, one of multiple pieces.  Either he can accept that or not.

If he can though, wow could this team be nasty.

• Like 1

People who don't want Lebron back in Cleveland.. I just don't get it. 

As of now I’d love to have LBJ back, but I’m not sure how much I’d give up for him. It would also have to be with the understanding that the organization isn’t gonna sign all his geezer friends and he’s not the focal point.  He’s one of the guys, one of multiple pieces.  Either he can accept that or not.

Now this.. I do get. We don't want to dismantle the roster to do the whole ring chasing thing. But Lebron isn't dumb, he wouldn't want to come here and shred this core to pieces and bring his old buddies. Lebron joins this team and we compete for a championship, the young guys get to see up close and personal all the work Lebron puts into his body and the game, and the team would be SO FUN. I can't imagine not wanting it to happen lol. A Sexton for Lebron trade in the offseason? I would be so excited it's stupid lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, braylon said:

So say we do make it.. we are looking at either the Heat or the Celtics in round 1 I believe. Am I crazy for wanting the Celtics over the Heat? I think we could beat them with JA back.

If Allen can’t play in a play in game I doubt he’ll be ready a few days later 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck