Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not at all. I wouldn’t mind moving on from him in the offseason if we can find a good wing. We need toughness inside. Having these nerdy funny quiet bigs is cool and all until they start getting pushed around. 

At least Mobley knows when to be a savage. I just wish he had Allen’s muscles.

That was a major red flag effort from Allen tonight.

• Like 1

Milwaukee is going to smash every team in the playoffs. They’re dominant and Middleton still hasn’t figured himself out.

They weirdly remind me of the Lakers repeat team when they had 3 big guys in Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Milwaukee is going to smash every team in the playoffs. They’re dominant and Middleton still hasn’t figured himself out.

They weirdly remind me of the Lakers repeat team when they had 3 big guys in Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.

Yep. This is why I wouldn't focus on resting guys even though we've just about got the #4 seed locked up. Unless Philly pulls away from us to the point we feel like we won't be able to catch them, I want to gun for #3. Boston/MIL are both top tier (with Denver), but I'd rather go toe to toe with Boston. Either way, great growth experience for the young team, but I want an ECF appearance this year to really set them up for to be title contenders in 23-24.

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For some perspective, they just forced a healthy and at home Golden State team into OT without Giannis.

They’re just too deep and their bigs are monsters dealing with. Khris Middleton looked good too.

Yeah Giannis is unstoppable. There’s no matchup in the league that can slow him down. I really want to see Milwaukee phoenix in the finals. Giannis KD needs to happen in the finals. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah Giannis is unstoppable. There’s no matchup in the league that can slow him down. I really want to see Milwaukee phoenix in the finals. Giannis KD needs to happen in the finals. 

If the Cavs can't make it (obviously first choice), then that would probably be my 2nd choice. That or Denver/Milwaukee, but I think Pheonix/Milwaukee would be more fun.

48 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Our team is relevant enough now to where I absolutely loathe every other franchise that is even remotely good. 

I 100% know I will have a stroke if we play Philly in the playoffs. It will NOT be fun watching Embiid and Harden flop to the free throw line.

On 3/11/2023 at 6:01 PM, candyman93 said:

Brooke Lopez makes their team such a nightmare to go up against in the playoffs. An absolute enforcer on defense and pulls your starting center all the way out to the 3pt line clearing the paint for Giannis on offense. If he’s shooting lights out from 3 like he did in one of our early matchups this year, good freaking luck.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I 100% know I will have a stroke if we play Philly in the playoffs. It will NOT be fun watching Embiid and Harden flop to the free throw line.

Idk…they have looked really really good lately but will playoff Doc/playoff Harden show up like they do every year? Also, Embiid always seems to pick up an injury or two when the playoffs roll around and his minutes number has to be pretty high on the season. I think Boston clears them pretty easily in the 2nd round if that ends up being the matchup.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck