Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

so cavs hire John Beilein,

Didn't see this coming.  Was he on the list of interviewees?

I didn’t see his name associated with this at all. 

Maybe they agreed to keep it quiet so Incase he didn’t get it, it wouldn’t affect his recruiting class 

he did a great job at turning around that Michigan program and turned it from avg to one of the best programs. Not sure how he will handle in the pros. Good thing for tOSU tho

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If he gets two full years I’d honestly be half surprised.

Unfortunately I am in agreement with you, haha.

But anyway, I barely watch college basketball so I'm not sure what to make of this hire. I know Michigan has become a good program under his coaching, but I know next to nothing besides that.

Here's what I have seen of him at Michigan...(I lived there for 5 years so I watched him a good amount).

- He plays a modern NBA style offensive game at the moment.  That team lived by the 3 and died by the 3.  I don't love it but that's how the NBA's going if you ahve shooters that can shoot.

- He was very good at developing players.  I don't know anyone that was worse going into that program than they were leaving, and I'm a Kentucky Fan, I love Cal but hes not a developer, it can happen.

- He was a BAD defensive coach.  He learned later to bring in an assistant to coach the D and it helped him tremendously.  I hope he can do that in the pros

I don't hate the hire.  He can be a good coach in the NBA.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1