Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats why Im not sweating the draft. There really are guys at the top that the Cavs simply dont need which will push players that actually fit 'us' down the board to that 3-6 range we will probably end up in. Lamelo Ball is useless on this team and fits nothing that we actually need. If anything he would only compound the same problems we already have. We no longer will be in the running for Wiseman because of Drummond.

I hear ya, but I disagree.

It’a the NBA, take the best player and worry about fit later. You can always trade the odd man out.

Taking “fit” over talent is how Darko goes ahead of Melo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya, but I disagree.

It’a the NBA, take the best player and worry about fit later. You can always trade the odd man out.

Taking “fit” over talent is how Darko goes ahead of Melo.

I mean we did that last year with Garland and everybody on this board seems to hate him lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Edwards is who we need in this draft. Anyone else would be a huge disappointment. I know we have a lot of guards he’s the clear #1 in my opinion.

I do not want Lamelo Ball or Wiseman. 

Here you go. Just going to drop off some light viewing. If the Cavs are picking in the 4-6 range. Okoro is my early favorite 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Anthony Edwards is a freak and really nice basketball player, but even if the Cavs had #1 I'd go in a different direction.

Length, elite play-making and vision, elite ability to break-down defender off the dribble, defensive stop ability, elite awareness and feel for the game, can't live without ball, had to go through accelerated maturation after experiencing immaturity in the national spotlight ...

... give me Lamelo Ball ... all day long... and don't bring up his relationship with his father as it's irrelevant after Lonzo-LaVar have gone through a father-son relationship growth/maturation.

Lamelo is the future of the NBA. He may be 6'9" or 6'10" when it's all said and done as he's still growing as a 6'8" teenager.

He has wonky shot mechanics and an inconsistent, non-replicatable form, but it's not as broken as Lonzo's entering the league and he shoots from deep range with ease.

Trade Sexton and Garland for assets and/or young core post or wing-piece that can stretch and run the floor.

Let Lamelo Ball and Kevin Porter Jr make mistakes and cook for a few years with hopefully another young core piece at SF or PF/C acquired through the trade of Garland, Sexton, and the Cavs future expiring contracts.

James Wiseman is a less skilled Marvin Bagley.

You don't pass on Lamelo b/c we "have 2 guards already" upgrade on both them and trade them off for other sustainable pieces that synergies with the ways the game is being played going forward.

Lamelo is special and has improved on the defensive and professional engagement. He's all ball and he's going to go off once he gets into the league.

Edited by Mind Character

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Anthony Edwards is a freak and really nice basketball player, but even if the Cavs had #1 I'd go in a different direction.

Length, elite play-making and vision, elite ability to break-down defender off the dribble, defensive stop ability, elite awareness and vision, can't live without ball, had to go through accelerated maturation after experiencing immaturity in the national spotlight ...

... give me Lamelo Ball ... all day long... and don't bring up his relationship with his father as it's irrelevant after Lonzo-LaVar have gone through a father-son relationship growth/maturation.

Lamelo is the future of the NBA. He may be 6'9" or 6'10" when it's all said and done as he's still growing as a 6'8" teenager.

He has wonky shot mechanics and an inconsistent, non-replicatable form, but it's not as broken as Lonzo's entering the league and he shoots from deep range with ease.

Trade Sexton and Garland for assets and/or young core post or wing-piece that can stretch and run the floor.

Let Lamelo Ball and Kevin Porter Jr make mistakes and cook for a few years with hopefully another young core piece at SF or PF/C acquired through the trade of Garland, Sexton, and the Cavs future expiring contracts.

James Wiseman is a less skilled Marvin Bagley.

You don't pass on Lamelo b/c we "have 2 guards already" upgrade on both them and trade them off for other sustainable pieces that synergies with the ways the game is being played going forward.

Lamelo is special and has improved on the defensive and professional engagement. He's all ball and he's going to go off once he gets into the league.

Yeah uhhh just stick to million word posts...outside of basketball.