Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know that this is a really late take, but the Tristian Thompson signing is absolute trash in my opinion. He's undersized and has an extremely limited offensive game. He is WAY past his prime and is nothing but 6 fouls.  Demarcus Cousins must be outrageously toxic in the locker room for the Cavaliers not to sign him over Thompson because he is way better than Thompson on the basketball court even at this stage of their careers.

Peace!!!

13 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I know that this is a really late take, but the Tristian Thompson signing is absolute trash in my opinion. He's undersized and has an extremely limited offensive game. He is WAY past his prime and is nothing but 6 fouls.  Demarcus Cousins must be outrageously toxic in the locker room for the Cavaliers not to sign him over Thompson because he is way better than Thompson on the basketball court even at this stage of their careers.

Peace!!!

I think this is a trash take. TT is still a great rebounder, which was the main reason we were watching R2 of the playoffs. He's making almost nothing and will be used very sparingly. I think it's exactly the kind of signing we needed, given what we could afford.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think this is a trash take. TT is still a great rebounder, which was the main reason we were watching R2 of the playoffs. He's making almost nothing and will be used very sparingly. I think it's exactly the kind of signing we needed, given what we could afford.

Literally just a vet leadership signing. Would be shocked if he averaged more than 2.5 minutes per game. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a DNP-CD most nights.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2023 at 7:29 AM, candyman93 said:

I just keep laughing at the folks who were saying he'd struggle his rookie year because of whatever. He's 7'4 with a wingspan to match and has a smooth jumper and legitimately solid handles. Health is the only thing that will stop him from being an immediate contributor and a top 5ish player within like three years.

• Like 1