49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Interesting tho Trey was running with the 1s and the 2s. 

Yeah, I don't really know how to take that. There's a part of me that finds it disconcerting, I won't lie. I mean, he needs snaps and reps, so on one hand I get it. On the other, it concerns me that shanny feels it may be necessary lol. But it could also mean nothing that he was doing it? 

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't really know how to take that. There's a part of me that finds it disconcerting, I won't lie. I mean, he needs snaps and reps, so on one hand I get it. On the other, it concerns me that shanny feels it may be necessary lol. But it could also mean nothing that he was doing it? 

I mean Shanny doesn't give a damn about Lance looking good or trying to build his confidence. If he wanted to, he could draw up certain easy throws for Lance as he is known to do. This is probably just to get looks with other WRs. While the OL has rest day as well as Kittle, the WRs for the most part do not. So since Tuesday, all the WRs have been practicing. 

One thing multiple folks reported that went to today's practice was that Womack had a very good practice and is looking better than Dennard. He's been better in team drills opposed to 1 on 1 drills. I'm sure Dennard will get the opportunity to start against GB but let's see what happens when they practice with the Vikings. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Shanny doesn't give a damn about Lance looking good or trying to build his offense. If he wanted to, he could draw up certain easy throws for Lance as he is known to do. This is probably just to get looks with other WRs. While the OL has rest day as well as Kittle, the WRs for the most part do not. So since Tuesday, all the WRs have been practicing. 

One thing multiple folks reported that went to today's practice was that Womack had a very good practice and is looking better than Dennard. He's bene better in team drills opposed to 1 on 1 drills. I'm sure Dennard will get the opportunity to start against GB but let's see what happens when they practice with the Vikings. 

Yeah, I read that about Womack too. Very promising. Being able to move on from dennard would be nice

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I read that about Womack too. Very promising. Being able to move on from dennard would be nice

Is Dennard PS eligible? 

Back to Lance and Shanny trying to get him to gain his confidence by playing with the second team....Lance before today was coming off two of his best practices. And Shanny does not care about the QB stats and took a little offense to people saying Lance had a good day when he went like 8-12 saying that was news to him and he did not even know about that until the PR guy mentioned the reporters were tweeting about it lol. To him, a completion or incomplete does not determine the success of the play but he cares if the QB made the right read and processed the play the way he should have. I believe it was the second day of camp when Lance had better stats on day one but both he and Shanny mentioned how the offense was much better while the reporters did not understand how that was the case. One thing is clear with Lance though, he's continuing to miss high on his throws...Which is fine on the outside as the ball will fall incomplete but with the amount of in breaking routes this offense calls, that could be a problem the same way it was with Jimmy. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is Dennard PS eligible? 

I think they are still using the same ps rules, which means 10 can't have more than 2 years, but the rest have no restrictions. So I believe that he can be put in the PS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, Lowder called it the worst practice he had ever seen from Lance...which granted, isn't the hugest sample size, but he was also a rookie last year and somehow managed to do better lol. 

Lombardi said it was brutal. 

I think when people thought about the Josh Allen comparison, they immediately started thinking about the Josh Allen of the last two years as opposed to the Josh Allen of the first two years lol. Rookie Josh Allen in particular was rough. There were entire videos dedicated to him just overthrowing wide open receivers lol. Comparing anyone to Josh Allen is difficult enough given how much of an outlier he is in his growth, but then to black out the starting point for Allen in the NFL when making said comparison is really criminal to Lance. 

It's going to be a super swingy, inefficient season at the QB position. I'm hoping we sneak in as a wildcard based on the defense and run game.

Rookie woes are definitely on the horizon, but it's fine. Defense and run game will need to just need to carry the squad. 

BTW remember when last preseason when Zach Wilson was tearing it up? Then the regular season started, and his deal with the devil expired. I'm past the point in caring too much about practices, and preseason too much. Whether it's good or bad. Especially practice. 

3dee76af81c016da6f42232783aebb66ed996518

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I honestly can’t think of a time where a rookie QB had his every breath Analyzed in camp like Lance has had. It’s weird.

Did you know that Mac Jones has been struggling at camp? I didn't until today .. Because nobody is talking about it lol. It's TC and practice. The detailing of Trey is kind of crazy. 

7 hours ago, John232 said:

I honestly can’t think of a time where a rookie QB had his every breath Analyzed in camp like Lance has had. It’s weird.

I was thinking about this as well. Even with the likes of recent guys like Mahomes and Herbert. I don't think I remember hearing much about them at all. Good or bad.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Did you know that Mac Jones has been struggling at camp? I didn't until today .. Because nobody is talking about it lol. It's TC and practice. The detailing of Trey is kind of crazy. 

I mean it's when beat writers started to track practice stats. It's the dumbest thing ever. This only started recently and now you see it everywhere for the most part. And you can tell it ticks coaches off so much since practice stats leave out so much context and reporters don't know what the coaches want on a certain play. Going to the check down will give the QB a higher completion percentage while at the same time the OC/HC can be upset the QB didn't make the right read. 

But this isn't just a Lance thing. If you guys were to follow beat writers from other teams, I'm sure you would be seeing the same thing going on over there. I know it goes on with the Jets and Wilson and apparently with the Pats and Mac Jones....Btw, I HAVE read that the offense has been struggling and Jones hasn't been as sharp as he was last year in camp. There are changes with their offensive staff obviously with McDaniels going to Las Vegas so maybe they are just trying to figure certain things out and will start picking it up soon.