49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

48 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I agree with this. People have a hard time sifting through the mud he creates while trying to be entertaining. He isn't robotic in his assessment. He is very similar to his Father in that sense. I have always found Grant to be wildly entertaining and have always appreciated his willingness to be the bad guy while still staying true to his direction and his opinions. 

grant is a total troll, but maybe in my old age i care more about an entertaining writer because i would rather parse the game myself or go to other individuals who can evaluate players. journalist make stories and for better or worse, grant can spin a tale.

but yeah, i was a grant hater but he’s weirdly sort of grown on me. he’s a ****, but he’s our ****.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Or C Ward is lol

So Bosa returns and Ward does not practice and the offense is hitting on all cylinders??? Ward>>>>Bosa

Speaking of Ward...the other one, he was not happy with how the offense gashed the defense today lol. Tomorrow I expect the defense to come back and do what they do. 

16 minutes ago, John232 said:

grant is a total troll, but maybe in my old age i care more about an entertaining writer because i would rather parse the game myself or go to other individuals who can evaluate players. journalist make stories and for better or worse, grant can spin a tale.

but yeah, i was a grant hater but he’s weirdly sort of grown on me. he’s a ****, but he’s our ****.

I spent all of last year watching his videos and disagreeing with a lot of his stuff. I would laugh at his ridiculousness, but it's entertaining as all get out. If I am going to invest time to consume anything it needs to be worth it to me. Grant is worth it for me. He provides more than the typical talking head does. Im not looking to any beat writer to give me a true breakdown of what they see. I want them to entertain me, take me on a nourney of sort.

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Jordan Elliot seems to be really high on Poe. It’s going to be fascinating to see how this team shapers up. 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/9/23298934/49ers-day-11-recap-training-camp

Poe is a fun dude. I took him in round 7 of the total control mock draft too. He's a perfect fit, but he's super tiny. I don't know how he's strong enough to be a guard in the NFL right now (that may come with time), but center could be a reasonable transition if needed. I don't think that he's making the roster this year, but I haven't been at training camp and seeing him on rep to rep. I said he would have to ball out to make the team, so if he does, he does. Give the man a roster spot because he's fun as hell to watch move. 

Also, Wilson is starting to put together some nice practices. I wonder if his knee is finally good to go. I thought I read somewhere that he looked like he had his explosion back. If I had to hazard a guess, I think my running back pecking order currently sits at: 

Mitchell RB1, TDP RB2 / short yardage, Sermon, Wilson....Mason on PS, Hasty cut. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Poe is a fun dude. I took him in round 7 of the total control mock draft too. He's a perfect fit, but he's super tiny. I don't know how he's strong enough to be a guard in the NFL right now (that may come with time), but center could be a reasonable transition if needed. I don't think that he's making the roster this year, but I haven't been at training camp and seeing him on rep to rep. I said he would have to ball out to make the team, so if he does, he does. Give the man a roster spot because he's fun as hell to watch move. 

Also, Wilson is starting to put together some nice practices. I wonder if his knee is finally good to go. I thought I read somewhere that he looked like he had his explosion back. If I had to hazard a guess, I think my running back pecking order currently sits at: 

Mitchell RB1, TDP RB2 / short yardage, Sermon, Wilson....Mason on PS, Hasty cut. 

I agree with Poe to center. I don’t think there is anyway in hell that Shanahan would allow him to start there for as a rookie with all the responsibility Shanny puts on the center.

If we could somehow stash him on the PS for the year in prep for next year, I’d be pumped.

Also, I just wanted to point this out in case you missed it, but Elliot also mentioned how Sermon is starting to turn it on as of late.