49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Purdy is QB1. 

I've been told by several people on twitter. 

lol, of course you have. I'm not going that far, but you know I liked the Purdy pick and would love it if he could beat out / force Sudfeld to the PS, basically relegating him to being an ear for Trey on game days. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

lol, of course you have. I'm not going that far, but you know I liked the Purdy pick and would love it if he could beat out / force Sudfeld to the PS, basically relegating him to being an ear for Trey on game days. 

Apparently it's not even close

Serious note about Purdy though....I want to see him in some games, but the TC reports are legitimately very promising sometimes. I'm not sure my overall take from him changes (something between Nick Mullens and Colt McCoy) but it's good to see him coming on pretty strongly in camp. We know that Kyle likes to keep 3 QBs, so there's a very real shot that he's going to stick 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Apparently it's not even close

I do enjoy the fact that the guy's picture is of Purdy. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Serious note about Purdy though....I want to see him in some games, but the TC reports are legitimately very promising sometimes. I'm not sure my overall take from him changes (something between Nick Mullens and Colt McCoy) but it's good to see him coming on pretty strongly in camp. We know that Kyle likes to keep 3 QBs, so there's a very real shot that he's going to stick 

I think I said it during the draft that how I felt about Purdy was very similar to Minshew when he came out. I'd love to have a backup like Minshew under control for 4 years. 

I have no idea what Purdy will turn out to be, but I think he's got the perfect profile for a backup QB. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

6pjh3x.jpg

Too much, too soon? 

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well Josh Freeman had one good year sooooooo

I had almost forgotten about Freeman tbh. I just did a quick google on him and why he busted. According to the one article I read cited that he really liked to party and wasn't fully invested in football. I don't think we'll have to worry about that with Trey, but man, what a fall from grace Freeman had. 

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

I had almost forgotten about Freeman tbh. I just did a quick google on him and why he busted. According to the one article I read cited that he really liked to party and wasn't fully invested in football. I don't think we'll have to worry about that with Trey, but man, what a fall from grace Freeman had. 

Number wise he had two solid/good years but just the one winning season.