49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

Charles Omenihu

You came in at 280 pounds after the trade last year. Are you still at that weight? 

Oh, no. I dropped so much weight. I’m like 265.

Is that because they want more explosiveness off the ball for the Wide-9 alignment?

Nick really helped me with this. Generating power isn’t about being all big and heavy. It’s all about speed, acceleration and get-off. So with my stance and being lighter in weight, it will help me get off the ball faster and accelerate. It’ll help with flexibility with my lower body so I can be lower and get under guys with that speed, length and power. It’s just as strong, even stronger, and now there’s a little more pop to it.

https://theathletic.com/3498432/2022/08/12/charles-omenihu-49ers-defensive-line/?source=emp_shared_article

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This dude has every person who has hated on Trey lance on Twitter in a thread it's a massive thread lmao 😂

The funny part is he's not actually a niners fan. He's a vikings fan, I believe. He's just an NDSU fan. 

8 minutes ago, GW21 said:

There's a chance that the niners will have to pay some of it just to entice Jimmy to redo his deal and accept a trade. The only other incentive he has to redo his deal is to get moved immediately and start working with the new team, but I'm not sure how much he actually cares about that lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's a chance that the niners will have to pay some of it just to entice Jimmy to redo his deal and accept a trade. The only other incentive he has to redo his deal is to get moved immediately and start working with the new team, but I'm not sure how much he actually cares about that lol. 

Jimmy accept the trade? It seems like we’d have to be more worried about Cleveland accepting the trade/contract. 

I don’t think we’ve got a lot of leverage, but we could just tell Cleveland to make it worth our while or we’ll just cut him and he can go sign with Seattle, Houston, or NYG. 

14 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Jimmy accept the trade? It seems like we’d have to be more worried about Cleveland accepting the trade/contract. 

I don’t think we’ve got a lot of leverage, but we could just tell Cleveland to make it worth our while or we’ll just cut him and he can go sign with Seattle, Houston, or NYG. 

Cleveland wants him or they don't. If they do, then there's a separate negotiation part which has to happen with Jimmy. No team is going to pick up his entire deal. That's a deal killer immediately. But Jimmy has no reason to redo his current contract to facilitate a trade  (outside of getting moved faster, and I really do not know if that is a big deal for him given that he's not making a stink about getting his freedom as is), so whether he reworks his deal or not ostensibly acts as  a no trade clause for him. Picking up money entices jimmy to accept trade because between both teams, he may end up getting more money than he would on the open market after getting cut. Honestly, it makes no sense for Cleveland to ask for the 49ers to pick up money unless they have already talked to Jimmy's camp and established a salary he will play on and its higher than Cleveland wants to pay. 

Cleveland no doubt has a budget given their upcoming cap concerns (30 million over the cap next year as they have to start to rework money). They are likely willing to pay him a certain amount and it really doesn't matter to them whether they are paying him that amount after acquiring him via trade or by signing him after released. So if you're Jimmy, the only reason you're willing to redo your deal now is to get there sooner (and again, I don't know if that is even on his radar...he seems content to just be out there chilling lol) but there's a shot you can get more money after being cut because the market becomes more open so it's a trade off.