49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

For all of the optimism about the defense (almost all of which I think is valid), I think that there's going to be a significant drop in run defense efficiency. This was a truly special run defense group once Arik Armstead moved inside full time alongside DJ Jones and while Armstead should be available fairly soon, I don't think that there's anyone in the building that's coming anywhere close to what DJ Jones provided in early down situations from the 1T. Now, I think the overall defense will be better over the course of the season - there's so much likelihood for improvement on the coverage and overall pass defense end. But I think there are going to be some frustrating run defense grades. 

Was listening to Steve palazzolo and Sam monson and one of them said he actually just had concerns about the entire front 7, which I found interesting

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was listening to Steve palazzolo and Sam monson and one of them said he actually just had concerns about the entire front 7, which I found interesting

I mean from their point of view, Ebukam hasn't been a very useful player against the pass. Hyder was even worse against the pass last year. Turay has been a mediocre situational pass rusher so far in his career. Omenihu showed basically nothing for his career and then dunked on Tyron Smith in the playoffs. On the interior, you've got a constantly banged up Kinlaw and a skilled on a small sample size Givens and some other guys with no track record. So there's a bunch of Kocurek flyers filling up the roster behind Armistead and Bosa and possibly Drake Jackson. From our point of view, I think that we (not unintelligently) feel a little better about some of those flyers. Turay already looked like a useful player in the preseason. Hyder has been a solid player for Kocurek in both Detroit and here and he'll look better as a big end. I'm a bit worried about the interior positions on downs that aren't heavily slanted towards the pass, but I feel pretty confident that the sample platter plus Bosa and Armistead gets the job done in the pass rushing department. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hufanga / Moore safety tandem lol 

Rough, Ward is unreplaceable for this defense. His versatility and covering ability is second to none. 

Overall though, the defense should be fine. Moore doesn't allow much over his head when he plays single high. 

Just hope Ward is not out for much longer than a game or two. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rough, Ward is unreplaceable for this defense. His versatility and covering ability is second to none. 

Overall though, the defense should be fine. Moore doesn't allow much over his head when he plays single high. 

Just hope Ward is not out for much longer than a game or two. 

Moore looked slow at hell against the Packers imo. 

Hopefully ward wouldn't be that big of a deal against Seattle and Chicago, but after that, he needs to be back lol

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think this is Dontae Johnson using his barnacle magic to stay on the roster. 

Every time I hear the word barnacle I think of Danny Devito now due to that internet meme. 

• Like 1