49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I went to the joint practice in Eagan today and I cannot stress enough how bad Ka'dar Hollman played.

I do not know who that is and I am not sure I want to waste the effort of google but I might

2 hours ago, P_locniners said:

This may be an overreaction, but in the little time Jordan Mills has been here, the reports out of camp seem to be pretty darn positive.

I wonder if there is a real chance that he takes over at starting RT. To be honest, I don’t trust McGlinchey at this point in pass pro and think Mills may actually be an upgrade. Maybe not in run protection, but pass protection

When McG got hurt against the Packers, I said the same. I don't know how skule makes the team, Sutherland isn't that guy either. Mckivitz is a possibility, but I can't imagine they would feel awesome about that

2 hours ago, Forge said:

When McG got hurt against the Packers, I said the same. I don't know how skule makes the team, Sutherland isn't that guy either. Mckivitz is a possibility, but I can't imagine they would feel awesome about that

To be honest, Mills may be a “god send” because mcG is at the end of his contract and coming off a serious injury. IMO he isn’t a long teRm solution, as we hoped he would be as a second coming of Staley. 

I have no Problem moving on from him, but we need a younger/ long term replacement for him, which isn’t Mills. But Mills Can provide a higher end  stoP gap for what we need

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I will almost never put a guy with one year at the top. Just one of those fairly arbitrary lines for me lol

I mean Chase is special and it's not like Jefferson has a 10 year body of work lol. 

I'd still put Adams at #1 but Chase slightly over Jefferson. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, struby3 said:

I went to the joint practice in Eagan today and I cannot stress enough how bad Ka'dar Hollman played.

Break down what you saw overall, especially from Lance! 

Dang, that bad? He was one of camps surprises but he didn't have a great preseason game and looks line he worked badly yesterday. Not good. 

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Any news on how Dohnovan West is performing? I'm praying he become a future anchor on the line :)

The youngest player on the team? It’s West, 21, who’s been in the middle of the third-team offense since practice began. He’s one of several young interior linemen who have had trouble anchoring during one-on-one drills.

Barrows a week ago in an article on The Athletic. Had West ranked fourth last on a ranking of all 49ers rookies this TC.