49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

Felt like the pocket was collapsing quickly against GB. Even the TD pass, I think one of the DL was 1 second away from driving the OL back into Lance.

Offense is going to have to run the ball, PA, screens, 3 step drops, etc to mitigate this. And OL should be our #1 priority next year. 

Feel like our deep passing game is going to be very boom or bust. Lot of deep TD's mixed in with sacks and INT's due to pressure

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Felt like the pocket was collapsing quickly against GB. Even the TD pass, I think one of the DL was 1 second away from driving the OL back into Lance.

Offense is going to have to run the ball, PA, screens, 3 step drops, etc to mitigate this. And OL should be our #1 priority next year. 

Feel like our deep passing game is going to be very boom or bust. Lot of deep TD's mixed in with sacks and INT's due to pressure

There will be a bunch of zone read to slow defenses down as well as play actions. This team is going to run the crap out of the ball this season, that goes without saying lol. 

The offense will still end up being very good despite the limitations of the OL.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure if it's a hot take or not, but if I were ranking receivers, I think jj is my receiver #1. 

That 2019 LSU team was fun to watch with Jefferson, Chase and Marshal with Burrow at QB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure if it's a hot take or not, but if I were ranking receivers, I think jj is my receiver #1. 

Definitely up there but I'd take Chase over him.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The OL is definitely going to make it harder on Lance but he's really good at navigating around the pocket and the Shanny will slow the opposing pass rush down with his running game and play action as I mentioned yesterday.

• Like 1

This may be an overreaction, but in the little time Jordan Mills has been here, the reports out of camp seem to be pretty darn positive.

I wonder if there is a real chance that he takes over at starting RT. To be honest, I don’t trust McGlinchey at this point in pass pro and think Mills may actually be an upgrade. Maybe not in run protection, but pass protection

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 2