49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Moore looked slow at hell against the Packers imo. 

Hopefully ward wouldn't be that big of a deal against Seattle and Chicago, but after that, he needs to be back lol

I wouldn't use that play to show he looked slow. Watch it over, he thought it was going to be an out route and got beat from there and it was a wrap. His speed is better than what he showed on that play. 

4 minutes ago, JIllg said:

W00t! I love me some Sam Womack starting over Dennard. Let's go!

It was the right decision and quite frankly the only decision they could make. Womack has been impressing all camp and looked great on Friday. He plays at a different speed than Dennard. 

• Like 4

Dennard would have been worthy to keep as a backup if we were keeping 6 CB's. I wouldn't be surprised if he requested his release so he could have a head start on finding another team. Or maybe even retire. He did say playing for the Niners last season had given him a new love for the game...losing a starting spot has to be tough on him mentally

My guess on the CB's we keep - Ward, Moseley, Thomas, Lenoir, Womack, Johnson. Verett on PUP. Castro-Fields, Knight, Hollman on the PS

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't use that play to show he looked slow. Watch it over, he thought it was going to be an out route and got beat from there and it was a wrap. His speed is better than what he showed on that play. 

I'm not even talking about just the play he got burnt on (which...woof...and I'm not sure I agree that he misread the play - I think he was burnt from jump right at the line), but things like coming downhill (which was exacerbated by more awful angle taking which has been pretty par for the course throughout his career). There's an early screen pass to Goodson where he just looks bad and slow. 

I didn't see a lot of urgency in him, but it's just a handful of plays in preseason game #1, so we will see. 

38 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Dennard would have been worthy to keep as a backup if we were keeping 6 CB's. I wouldn't be surprised if he requested his release so he could have a head start on finding another team. Or maybe even retire. He did say playing for the Niners last season had given him a new love for the game...losing a starting spot has to be tough on him mentally

My guess on the CB's we keep - Ward, Moseley, Thomas, Lenoir, Womack, Johnson. Verett on PUP. Castro-Fields, Knight, Hollman on the PS

Sounds like Hollman might get some playing time at safety with Ward out. Idk if that means he has a chance to make the roster for a few weeks but something to watch. 

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not even talking about just the play he got burnt on (which...woof...and I'm not sure I agree that he misread the play - I think he was burnt from jump right at the line), but things like coming downhill (which was exacerbated by more awful angle taking which has been pretty par for the course throughout his career). There's an early screen pass to Goodson where he just looks bad and slow. 

I didn't see a lot of urgency in him, but it's just a handful of plays in preseason game #1, so we will see. 

I saw the play again and he did get beat from the jump...He was way too high in his stance in the first place and had terrible reaction to the move Doubs put on him. 

I didn't notice him looking slow on the other plays but I will watch the game over and pay attention to him. I did know he was in the right spot on two incompletions over the top and that's what he is good at. 

Either way, not ready to count him out just off this game. First live action in a while so not surprised he was a little off. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

And there is no reason he should do either one: attend meetings or have a playbook.

I was rather disappointed to hear the bit about Jimmy ghosting the team in the off-season. I like my players (especially QBs) to be one of the last dudes out of the building as well as one of the 1st in....  It explains some regarding his lack of progress.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And there is no reason he should do either one: attend meetings or have a playbook.

I was rather disappointed to hear the bit about Jimmy ghosting the team in the off-season. I like my players (especially QBs) to be one of the last dudes out of the building as well as one of the 1st in....  It explains some regarding his lack of progress.

My question is what in the world does he do in the offseason. He disappears from the world completely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Story not being talked about - 

We sure Jennings is WR3? I mean, his physical skill set and blocking acumen will keep him in a role, but I've heard little to no good things about him as a receiver this camp. 

I'm curious if his role diminish and it mixes a few guy in. Could allow Ray-Ray some time at slot, with Deebo playing some as well. Gives option to play Gray outside with 3 WR sets of Aiyuk, Deebo, and Gray. 

• Like 3