49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

Lol Lombardi, what are you doing.

If you want to say that the niners just wouldn't have done it, that's fine. I get it. But don't gaslight people by saying free agency isn't impacted by the actual amount of funds you have available to spend lol. All the guy said was that the team could have used an influx of funds from a Jimmy release to sign line help 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, adamq said:

He may be right, but that twitter Dr has a VERY suspect past.. & his last prediction had Zach Wilson out for the year

If branch is right about it being grade 3, than typical recovery time is 8-12 weeks, which is all chao is going off, I think. So it's really more about whether branch's reporting if accurate. The doctors weighing in haven't examined him obviously,  so I think they are just winging it based on reported data.

• Like 1

Alright, here’s the plan. We trade Jimmy G to Jacksonville for Walker Little. Trent Baalke should be on board as Jimmy has torn his ACL; I don’t think Jimmy has the wingspan that Trent is looking for, but he at least checks one of the boxes.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question....

Was Dontae Johnson a good draft pick?

4th round pick. Played out his rookie deal then came back after a year away.  Plays multiple positions, but he's also just not good when he's played. 

I actually think when Johnson was drafted, he lacked the physical skills as well as knowledge of the game/experience. The last few seasons, while he has gotten older and his physical skills still aren’t great, his experience has led to an improvement. 

I couldn’t stand him to start his career, but now he is a nice stop gap that can play multiple positions. He won’t be a big difference maker, but it seems he also doesn’t kill us when he is in the game. again, because he has the experience now

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Serious question....

Was Dontae Johnson a good draft pick?

4th round pick. Played out his rookie deal then came back after a year away.  Plays multiple positions, but he's also just not good when he's played. 

He was better than Josh Norman last year IMO.

I think we’ve got our value out of that 4th round pick we used on him. His versatility makes him a good guy to have up on game day. Obviously you hope he doesn’t play on defense, but if you have an injury to a corner or a safety he can fill in at either spot; obviously at a lower level of play.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he stuck around, but I also wouldn’t be shocked to see him cut. My hope would be to bring him back on the PS personally.

• Like 3

I'm not going to lie...I just have this weird feeling about Deebo this year and I'm very bearish on his season. I don't know if it's just bad vibes or what (this isn't about a knee bruise - Barrows mentioning him just brought to my mind how uncertain I am about him this year). 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mooney, Mitchell and Thomas back...Armstead returned recently along with Ridgeway.

Now we wait on McGlinchey. Obviously there's also Ward but we know at this point he is missing at least four games. 

I feel like the McG thing is something to pay attention to. I don't like when people have issues coming back from a major injury like that. Kind of reminds me of what happened after the ACL tear with Bakhtiari. Different injury, but I really don't like when you come back, try to play and then an issue crops up. 

I know the expectation was that he would be ready for week one, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if we hear in the next week that he's starting on IR 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like the McG thing is something to pay attention to. I don't like when people have issues coming back from a major injury like that. Kind of reminds me of what happened after the ACL tear with Bakhtiari. Different injury, but I really don't like when you come back, try to play and then an issue crops up. 

I know the expectation was that he would be ready for week one, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if we hear in the next week that he's starting on IR 

Nothing will surprise me on the McGlinchey front to be honest lol.