49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Whats Danny Grays role in this offense? Will he see some snaps this year or is the outlook clouded with Deebo and Aiyuk around

I suspect the 3rd WR spot will get rotated between Gray and Jennings. He's not going to have a consistent role but he should be good for a few deep bombs throughout the season. 

Now that McGlinchey is back or looks to be back soon, I think we are all good for the most part. Just need Deebo to get a bit healthier and this is what we roll out with in week 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's completely wrong and he's trying to be "technically" right but there was never going to be a market for Jimmy after the surgery. The writing was on the wall. 

Thats not true at all. Watson to Atlanta was a done deal until Clevelend threw in a fully guaranteed contract. And if he would have been suspended the whole year, they still would have made a move for Jimmy.. 

13M/yr for Tomlinson is a lot.. even with the mess our OL looks like, I'm fine losing him at that price... DJJ says he really wanted to be in Denver, so I'm not sure he would have returned even if SF matches.

Edited by adamq

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Thats not true at all. Watson to Atlanta was a done deal until Clevelend threw in a fully guaranteed contract. And if he would have been suspended the whole year, they still would have made a move for Jimmy 

You don't know they would have made a move for Jimmy. Watson is gone for 11 games which is the majority of the season so why won't they make a move for him now? 

And I mean I said they gambled and lost. No one knew where Watson was going to be traded to, including the Niners. The market was always dependent on outside factors which means he didn't have an actual market. Only way the Browns according to you were going to trade for Jimmy was if Watson went to Atlanta. Only way he was going to get traded to another team was going to be due to an injury to a starting QB. That to me does not mean there was a market for him...The opposite actually. There will always be weird scenarios allowing for trades to happen. THAT'S what this team was relying on and flat out failed. Now it is time to get rid of him and be a player during the season for a potential contributor that takes this team to the top. And then you can rollover the remaining money for next season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if we keep six corners, then Knight is making the team. If not, then it will be Ward/Moseley/Womack/Lenoir/Thomas. 

I'd go Ward, Mosely, Thomas, Lenoir, Womack, Johnson. I'd also be fine cutting Johnson then bringing him back after putting Jimmie on IR.

16 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'd go Ward, Mosely, Thomas, Lenoir, Womack, Johnson. I'd also be fine cutting Johnson then bringing him back after putting Jimmie on IR.

Oops, totally forgot about Johnson. Though he can be considered a safety as well. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oops, totally forgot about Johnson. Though he can be considered a safety as well. 

Which is exactly why I want him on the team. FS, Outside CB, and Nickel from one guy, not every team has a player like that. He knows the defense inside and out and is reliable as a fill-in guy. With safety being a bag of unknowns, Johnson is extremely valuable right now.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol I don't know why this makes me laugh

After signing his deal, jimmy g started a little mutiny. Word is he has Deebo, Kittle, and Williams threatening to hold out unless he’s the starter.  Oh boy, this is what we were worried about! 

23 minutes ago, straighthate said:

After signing his deal, jimmy g started a little mutiny. Word is he has Deebo, Kittle, and Williams threatening to hold out unless he’s the starter.  Oh boy, this is what we were worried about! 

Really?! 

51 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Didn’t even make it half a day without some BS fake story to be brought up. This is false

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Didn’t even make it half a day without some BS fake story to be brought up. This is false

Seriously? Was there an instant where you thought it might be serious? I thought it was outlandish enough that it would be clear it was a joke, but my most sincere apologies to anyone who believed that practice was cancelled because after signing his contract Jimmy G turned evil and started a mutiny and the stars of the offense joined him creating like a little Jimmy G union. My bad for the confusion. 

• Like 2