49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Biggest concerns coming into the off-season...Offensive line and Safety. 

Biggest concern leaving the off season....offensive line and safety 

What's new tho last year's concern was corner and it was an issue throughout the year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

The thing is...and this is no knock on Purdy...but there's seriously a Purdy in the draft every year. Anyone claiming Purdy would also have to put him on the 53, a lot of teams won't even carry 3 QBs, so I can't imagine that a lot of teams are going to burn a roster spot on Purdy if we cut him. 

He may also prefer to sign on the practice squad with us given that next year he's likely all but assured to be the backup QB. 

Crocky was going off on this to. literally a guy like him in every draft, even if he out performed the 7th round tag, which i think he did. But much rather have Poe in a utility role than having purdy.

we should have Poe in kick coverage to blow up the wall 

• Like 2

Sudfeld and Purdy both suck. If Lance gets hurt, we are screwed. Purdy is more fun to watch than Sudfeld, so at this point I don't care who they decide to keep. I really do not want them to keep both on the 53 though. That would be a waste of resources.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

LOL, good ole Lombardi! We have reporters watching every practice and despite some not knowing what they are looking at, almost everyone has reported that Sermon has looked like the 5th or 6th best RB on the roster. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, good ole Lombardi! We have reporters watching every practice and despite some not knowing what they are looking at, almost everyone has reported that Sermon has looked like the 5th or 6th best RB on the roster. 

What would you like him to do with that quote? Scream fake news?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

What would you like him to do with that quote? Scream fake news?

I would like him to provide context that he has witnessed in camp since he has seen damn near every practice. He should not just take everything Lynch says at face value and actually give his own assessment. This is the issue with Lombardi. The coach or GM can say the earth is flat and he will believe it! 

Noo!!!! Do your damn job and say what YOU have seen at practice and if you agree or disagree that Sermon has been one of the best players in camp. 

Anyone think Kerry Hyder gets cut? He looks slow and sluggish to me and he's at the bottom of the depth chart, for me. We have 8 DEs and I'd love to carry all but Barrett, but that would mean we'd only carry 3 interior guys, which is not ideal. 

Hyder is DE 7 for me. If we keep 6, Hyder would be the odd man out.