Terry Bradshaw vs. Ben Roethlisberger: Who is Pittsburgh's GOAT QB?

biggie.

I'll be contrarian and say Bradshaw:

1. More Super Bowls

2. Has MVP on his resume. Granted Roethlisberger played in the same era as Peyton/Brady/Brees/etc., but there was never a single time he was even talks for MVP.

3. Bradshaw was an absolute monster in the Super Bowl whereas Ben never really stepped his game up in all three of his SBs outside of the game winning drive against Arizona...who gave up more passing touchdowns that season than the 0-16 Lions.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, biggie. said:

I'll be contrarian and say Bradshaw:

1. More Super Bowls

2. Has MVP on his resume. Granted Roethlisberger played in the same era as Peyton/Brady/Brees/etc., but there was never a single time he was even talks for MVP.

3. Bradshaw was an absolute monster in the Super Bowl whereas Ben never really stepped his game up in all three of his SBs outside of the game winning drive against Arizona...who gave up more passing touchdowns that season than the 0-16 Lions.

This isn’t even really a contrarian take. Bradshaw has twice as many rings,  an MVP, was First Team All Decade for the 70’s and was consistently viewed as one of the top 3 QB’s of that era with Staubach and Tarkenton. He also has 2 SB MVP’s which Ben lacks. 

The only reason to put Ben over Bradshaw is recency bias and looking at stats without context of era and play style. 

• Like 2

The answer is obviously Neil O'Donnell...

But seriously, Terry B easily. I don't see Big Ben being in Terry's class at all. All he has over Bradshaw is longevity, but that's trumped by the fact that Bradshaw simply had a much more impactful prime, and was more capable of dominating a game. Terry is a consensus top 2 QB of the 70s along with Staubach. I don't see Ben as a top 2 QB in any era.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

This is probalby the worst take I've ever seen on this site. Congratulations. 

Yes. Even though I said Terry over Ben, Ben does not nearly get the appreciation he should have for how good he was at his peak in the mid 2000's to mid 2010's. He went from the third wheel in the Brady vs Manning set of top QB's to being a bit forgotten.