Hard Knocks 2022 - Detroit Lions Edition

Sllim Pickens

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-hard-knocks-preview-does-173635629.html

Hard Knocks premieres next Tuesday at 10:00 PM.  I am actually pretty excited for this given DC's personality and seeing some in depth stuff about how they work as a staff and some stories about the players.  Always a good watch and for the first time its our team and I am actually excited.  I always thought we would be picked with Patricia and I didnt want that as it would show how bad our staff was but hoping it brings some positive light to DC.  

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2022-hard-knocks-preview-does-173635629.html

Hard Knocks premieres next Tuesday at 10:00 PM.  I am actually pretty excited for this given DC's personality and seeing some in depth stuff about how they work as a staff and some stories about the players.  Always a good watch and for the first time its our team and I am actually excited.  I always thought we would be picked with Patricia and I didnt want that as it would show how bad our staff was but hoping it brings some positive light to DC.  

I'm really looking forward to this. Just the personalities of guys like Campbell, Jamaal and others should make it entertaining alone. 

• Like 1

Yo man Dan Campbell is so authentic it’s hilarious 😂

he’s exactly who I thought he would be as a coach lol 😭 that man did 40 up down and is damn near about to cry week 1 because he just loves the game so damn much! 😂 

Super glad you guys got Hard Knocks this season you definitely were a great choice. 

• Like 4

Full disclosure, I'm a lifelong Packers fan, born in Appleton. I've lived in MIchigan most of my life hating the Lions. I must say, I find myself rooting for this coach and this team a lot more than I ever thought I would. The city deserves a winning football team and I think Campbell might be the guy to bring them back to relevance. 

I'll be rooting for the Lions this year, in 15 of the 17 games they play.

Best of luck this season, I see second place a very realistic goal this year. 8-9 wins are attainable, but you still need a QB. 

• Like 5

I really like this whole coaching staff.  DC is fantastic, and his knowledge of the game shouldn't be ignored or discounted because of his personality.  He has brought in good support staff and they seem to have a similar attitude which is what we needed.  The organizational changes that started last year are showing up IMO.  I still think we lack some talent to be a good team but part of being a good team is finding cheap talent and developing it.  We saw a lot of that last year with the development of ARSB, Jacobs and Parker and moving players around to fit their skill sets.  I am hoping to see more of that this year as well as seeing the guys that are supposed to be stars (Sewell, Hutch, Hock, Williams, etc) turn into stars.  This definitely got my hyped for the season and it has been a few years since I have felt that way.  Can't wait until next Tuesday. 

• Like 4

Not going to lie, I might have rewatched it again this morning. I'm so pumped.

I think Lions fans have seen the culture change since last season but now others can start to see it. Kudos to Sheila for really coming in in the 2020 season and cleaning house. Then you go out and sign DC and Holmes (she got ALOT of criticism for hiring Campbell over others). She really broke the mold that the Lions were retreading every year. 

This team needs talent. There is no doubt. But I like how they are building. Our OL is top 5 in the league. The remake of our receivers in just under two years is remarkable. We've added some playmakers on the DL. If coach Pleasant can build a strong secondary, this team can go places, quickly. 

Over 80 years of playing experience on the coaching staff. That is remarkable. That resonated with the players. 

So excited right now. I have hope every season, but this team just feels different. 

• Like 5

I feel like this year they are not following individuals as much as they are the coaches.  Its usually fun to follow a couple of the fringe guys to see how they compete and see who gets cut/makes the team.  But the focus has been on MCDC and young guys who have secure spots.  

A couple of things from episode two:

They are creating massive hype for Rodrigo.  I like that he is overtaking the LB group but also annoyed that with all of the vets in that room, none seem to be doing much.  I know we lacked talent there but thought we had enough to sneak out a couple starters.  But if we can get a productive or even semi productive player out of a 6th round pick, that would be huge for next year if we add another higher LB.  

Deandre Swift is concerning.  Obviously he has talent but Staley is trying hard to get the fire burning in him and he seems very passive, which is hard to teach/change personalities.  If he had Jamal Williams attitude, he would be a star in this league. Not sure why Staley always wants him inside given his speed and shiftiness seem to play better on the edge.  

I do think our offense is going to be pretty good this year, but hate to see them just gash our D like that in the 2 minute drills.  I really hope our DB's figure something out this year even if we can't get consistent pressure.  They need to make plays and I do think we have enough talent back there to be middle of the league.  The injuries on the D line really suck and it will be tough if we get little to no production out of 2 of our top 3 picks this year and our second round pick last year.  Also still without Okwara and the last news I saw was he is optimistic he will play this season which doesn't sound like he is close.  

Overall I think episode 2 was good but not as entertaining as the first.  Dan Campbell is fantastic and loving all of the coaches.  I think this will help all of them in future job opportunities which if we are decent, may unfortunately happen earlier than expected.   

• Like 1