Netflix’s The Sandman

Xenos

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

It feels like each episode has its own unique tone and style. Sandman reminds me of Doctor Who in a way. Only more emphasis on fantasy and horror instead of sci fi.

I haven't looked at the credits, but was thinking they were different enough to each have a different director.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah I didn’t love the first episode but it gets better as it goes. I think it got pretty weak when they introduced the vortex but I liked a couple episodes, like the immortal 100 year guy. 

The structure of the show took getting used to. Episode 1-5 was one arc, episode 6 was a standalone, and then 7-10 began a new arc.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly? I read a lot of people didn’t like the actor playing Morpheus and I didn’t understand the casting at first but 3 episodes in I don’t think he’s been THAT bad anymore

People had problems with the actor playing Morpheus? Gailman loved him for the role.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I’ve read it a bunch in places

They’re being weird IMO. I thought he was great. It’s tough to play an Endless being like Dream but I thought he nailed the performance. Especially when he got upset.

• Like 2

I finished it last night. I have no complaints with Sturridge, I thought he played the role exactly how it should have been played. Really thought he had a pitch perfect tone. 

The show, however, was mostly just okay to me. I definitely thought there was some tonal inconsistencies episode to episode, the ending was a little too neat (I realize that this may have been based on source material, I don't know), and honestly the mini arcs of the season kind of just left you with a "eh..that's it?" kind of feeling.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I finished it last night. I have no complaints with Sturridge, I thought he played the role exactly how it should have been played. Really thought he had a pitch perfect tone. 

The show, however, was mostly just okay to me. I definitely thought there was some tonal inconsistencies episode to episode, the ending was a little too neat (I realize that this may have been based on source material, I don't know), and honestly the mini arcs of the season kind of just left you with a "eh..that's it?" kind of feeling.

I liked it a lot more than you did. But this is what I wrote in another forum:

Just finished The Sandman and it was good. The highlights were definitely episodes 5 and 6 which were amazing. However, the quality outside of those two was inconsistent. Some good. Some average. Nothing really bad. It starts out slowly and building up from episode 1, getting better with each episode until it reaches those two episodes. Then there’s a steep decline after episode 6, but then starts slowly getting better again until the end. Though never quite reaching the heights of the middle episodes.

• Like 1