Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

McDermott won't lose his job over this but it's certainly possible he'll lose the locker room which in turn could have him losing his job in a few years. 

I don't know who or how, but McDermott needs to hire a young stud OC who can oversee the transition to the a rookie QB because Dennison is not that guy. 

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

The craziest this is, the Bills actually had a winning record with Tyrod Taylor.  That's what makes the benching even worse to me.  If the Bills were like 1-8 and they had a rookie QB, fine.  Bench Taylor in that situation and give the young guy a shot.  But on a winning team?  Holy cow, man.  I think that's a fireable offense for the head coach or whoever pulled the trigger on that move.

Reminds me of back in 2006 when Shanahan benched Jake Plummer for Cutler despite the Broncos being 7-4 that year.  Still a questionable move to this day.

12 minutes ago, Twizlers said:

Reminds me of back in 2006 when Shanahan benched Jake Plummer for Cutler despite the Broncos being 7-4 that year.  Still a questionable move to this day.

Plummer just didn't love the game 

He even admits it later on, and wasn't putting the work like he should have. but I wonder if he would have enjoyed it more if he wasn't benched 

50 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If the Bills end up one game out of the #6 seed? Man, chaos will ensue.

No it won't. It should. But it won't. This is an organization that flat out does not care. They don't want to put any real effort into improving or making decisions based on long term. They've kept their team president through some of the worst years in franchise history despite results getting actively worse.

17 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Coleman is back, Britt is #2, 3, 4 or 5, it is all the same. In a couple weeks Gordon will be back and Britt won't even see the field much.

If you don't look at a 3rd and long interception down the field differently than a 1st down interception then we see very different things in games.

3rd and 13 is not a punt... 3rd and 20 or more yes... but asking a qb to convert 3rd and 13 is not like asking for a miracle lol

Yeah it's total malpractice from McDermott. Out coached himself there. I bet he was at pains to remove Peterman but just knew that he absolutely had to, and his pride went with it.

Was such a risk in the first place, one with very slim odds of paying off. 

AT Chargers, against Bosa and Ingram.....hmm.

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I heard an interesting theory.. what if it was not the coach but the front office? A call from the top.

Those theories are always flying around, and will never get resolved. Like the one where Kraft supposedly blocked a Brady trade so we had to get rid of Jimmy instead. They will always remain paper-thin theories. 

41 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I mean that would suck. But we could also look back at the Panthers game and Bengals game where Tyrod and the offense did nothing. 

Didn't Tyrod throw a pretty good pass to Jones that he dropped that would've either won or tied the game against the Panthers near the end of regulation? I remember watching it on red zone. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn't Tyrod throw a pretty good pass to Jones that he dropped that would've either won or tied the game against the Panthers near the end of regulation? I remember watching it on red zone. 

I wouldn't call it a good throw. At the time I blamed Tyrod 100% for it because Jones was wide open and the ball was placed behind him.

In all likelihood the two just weren't on the same page and Tyrod thought he should have gone up and Jones took it towards outside. Either way, it doesn't excuse 57:00 minutes of zero offense and a whopping 3 points. 

16 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

3rd and 13 is not a punt... 3rd and 20 or more yes... but asking a qb to convert 3rd and 13 is not like asking for a miracle lol

The Browns convert a league worst 28% of their 3rd downs. I'd be willing to bet that number cuts in half for distances over 10 yards. It's basically a punt.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The Browns convert a league worst 28% of their 3rd downs. I'd be willing to bet that number cuts in half for distances over 10 yards. It's basically a punt.

Yeah that’s not good at all.. however you guys being bad at 3rd down conversions does not magically turn 3rd down into a punting situation... although given the circumstances I totally understand your point.....but this proves my point that qb is one of the least of your problems. I  am glad Coleman is back for you guys and Gordon is still a feel good story so I wish him the best but as I stated they were not there for this season for the most part.. Coleman only played 3 games.. Thomas went down but even before that there are problems along both the offensive and defensive line... there are problems in the secondary and you need an upgrade at RB.. The browns have a unique opportunity with two first round picks to really build a solid team ... playmaker and cornerstone type players... and select from a better qb selection in 2019... but it’s all on them. I know they look bad now but the pieces are coming together if they  continues to make the right choices 

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Those theories are always flying around, and will never get resolved. Like the one where Kraft supposedly blocked a Brady trade so we had to get rid of Jimmy instead. They will always remain paper-thin theories. 

I bet that’s true though. I bet they were going to trade away the best QB in the league in the middle of yet another delightful season and not just take a high 2nd for a backup they’ve had 4 years to evaluate who’s also on the last year of his deal.

Damn that Kraft! Ruining Belichick’s genius! 

Archived